Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Experience from last weeks trip starting in EHLE trip with 1 vaccinated and 3 tested with antigens tests.
France Vichy (LFLV) an Pau Pyrenees (LFBP) no special regulations, face mask inside building Pau.
Portugal Evora (LPEV) as port of entrance COVID status checked on airport by local police (?), very strict about staying address an 4 forms per person but furthermore no problem at all. Portimao (LPPM) no checks or problems since it was a domestic flight.
Spain Castellón (LECN) no COVID measures at all (guy at the tower told us as a joke that the ambulance was waiting for us for COVID testing for four of us and the dog:))
France Fayence (LFMF) nothing special but local field and quite seldom international traffic.

EHLE, Netherlands

Present experience (flying back tomorrow) – Alghero (LIEA) no-one cares, didn’t even get checked.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

PilotX wrote:

Spain Castellón (LECN) no COVID measures at all (guy at the tower told us as a joke that the ambulance was waiting for us for COVID testing for four of us and the dog:))

Haha, does not surprise me as joke, he made a joke about “you can make it long final straight to the beach if you wish” :)
He was right: it was 4pob, 47deg OAT with nil winds and landing near MTOW (-70kg of fuel )

Last Edited by Ibra at 19 Jul 15:28
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

EKRK last weekend: COVID Pass was checked immediately after landing. In Copenhagen it was checked in every restaurant, museum, before entering a sightseeing boat. But to stay here is really relaxed. You rarely see a mask instead you do see smiling people.

EDDS , Germany

Arrived in Odense (EKOD) from Kjeller (ENKJ) on Monday. Nobody wanted to check our covid passes. Only needed covid pass once during our stay when checking in at the hotel.

Flying back to Norway we went to Kjevik (ENCN) on the assumption that we would avoid long queues since the majority of arrivals here are domestic. This turned out to be a bad idea. The airport staff obviously did not know the rules. Fully vaccinated people are only required to present proof of vaccination to the police via a covid pass. Instead of the police, we were approached by a test team who had been dispatched to the airport from nearby Kristansand just to test the three of us. Since they used rapid tests and we got (negative) results within 15-20 minutes, I did not bother to argue with them. Next time I will use Torp (ENTO) instead.

ENKJ, Norway

Croatia now needs a test for arriving Brits, regardless of vaccination status. I can’t find the details as yet, but this suggests you can land and then test:

or if they perform PCR testing or rapid antigen testing – RAT for SARS-CoV-2 immediately upon their arrival in the Republic of Croatia (at their own expense), with the obligation to stay in self-isolation until they obtain a negative test result

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I read above that many countries require evidence of vaccination to enter restaurants etc. How does someone from UK prove compliance – is showing the NHS App barcode enough?

I can’t see how that could be checked abroad.

Is there already interoperability between different country apps to do that for EU citizens?

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

In France, UK QR code will not load in TousAntiCovid app but you can show NHS COVID Pass
I am not sure if it’s accepted just like EU Digital COVID Certificate in other countries

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Jul 21:51
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I reckon a printout of the UK pass should work. That has the QR code on it, so if somebody wants to scan it, they can.

In Croatia 6 weeks ago the police were happy to look at the vaccination card (which you could photoshop easily so that would never work for any high tourist volume scenario).

To get into a restaurant, I would bet that will never actually be fully implemented. A friend told me yesterday that he went to a restaurant which had no menus. Just a QR code on each table, which presumably contained a URL so the menu was on their website. He had no QR reader app so had to leave, and most people of his age and above would have to leave also. Their backup plan? They would lend you a little tablet

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

A friend told me yesterday that he went to a restaurant which had no menus. Just a QR code on each table, which presumably contained a URL so the menu was on their website.

AFAIK practically complete Spain works in this way.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message