Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

If you land in France, you will have to clear customs on your first landing (and maybe stamp passport if you are not EU citizen), most airports are open AFAIK but check for fuel

For CV19, no need for a reason to come to France from UK, transit/holiday/business, you need pcr test, declaration and self-isolation if staying, it used to be exempt for transits less than 24h but the text has changed…

Last Edited by Ibra at 09 May 18:59
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

So if you are transiting, say in Carcassonne where there is an Air BP pump, I can land, clear customs , show them a negative PCR test and then get on my way (without any requirement to self isolate in France for 7 days?)

Thanks for your help Ibra

United Kingdom

@Archer-181 posts moved to existing thread.

If you land in France, you will have to clear customs on your first landing

Not necessarily true; I have a confirmation to the contrary from one place (not LFAT) where they don’t want to see you if you stay airside.

Usually no test is needed for a refuel. What you need to be careful with is whether you have to leave the plane to pay. For example, at LFAT, you normally do, but I got them to confirm that one can phone through the CC details. And LFAT said the police need to see your passport, but you won’t be entering France if you just do that.

So airports differ and I suggest emailing the airport, and taking a printout of the email with you.

Have you used the AIR BP pump at Carcassonne successfully?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

“Not necessarily true; I have a confirmation to the contrary from one place (not LFAT) where they don’t want to see you if you stay airside.”

Depends what is the plan after, for going back to UK? or to Italy? or to Turkey? or to Toussus?

I am sure business as usual in Carcassonne, no need to self isolate in France

Last Edited by Ibra at 09 May 20:24
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Thanks both, I can confirm that the Air BP pump worked fine in Carcassonne about 2 years ago. I will email them and check

United Kingdom

Trip to EHMZ & COVID restrictions

Hello,
I am looking for insights from dutch members of the forum. I am wondering if a trip from Belgium to Midden-Zeeland was possible with the current COVID restrictions.
I hear a lot of Belgians are flying over and have a meal (I understand they made the terrace airside) but it is not clear to me on which basis this is done…
Any insight is welcome.

[ post moved to existing thread @jfw ]

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

A week ago, I landed at Bezier LFMU from Croatia, refueled and continued to Spain. Nobody asked me nothing, neither passport nor PCR test, although when contacted prior to flight, they confirmed me that PCR test was mandatory.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

@Antonio Regarding this (from another thread), do you know a link or PDF where this is stated?

Is it just 2 POB? If so, that is to be expected as Spain exempts all crew from COVID requirements.

Would be helpful/reassuring for a trip to the Canary Islands where indeed I’d have to go for a test somewhere during the trip due to the short window you get between taking the test, getting the results, and the results being too old to use.

although when contacted prior to flight, they confirmed me that PCR test was mandatory.

They must have not understood the question, because refuel stops are CV19 exempt everywhere. Aviation would be obviously impossible if a test was needed upon arrival, although showing a “previous 72hr” one is feasible in some cases.

That’s if you remain with the aircraft, and that needs to be pre-arranged or confirmed because at some airports you have to leave airside to pay / show passport, and then the police (who probably can barely speak English anyway) might grab you.

Airline pilots are an exception; they can stay in hotels. But while they remain quarantine exempt, their test exemption is pretty well gone now; I spoke to a couple (UK based long haul) 2 days ago and they are having to test all the time (to stay in a hotel).

I reckon cross-border GA flights are not possible anymore if an overnight stay is required. It may be possible to get permission to stay in a tent on the airfield, but I know that security people generally really hate that idea

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Our Tánaiste (Deputy Prime Minister) today said that he believed Ireland would lift travel restrictions with Great Britain at some point during the summer so that the common travel area could get back to normal.

So UK/Ireland trips will hopefully be possible without quarantine in the not too distant future.

Irish Independent

EIWT Weston, Ireland
Sign in to add your message