Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

I have just spoken to two Border Force police officers and they were interested only in the GAR form. Zero interest in the other two forms.

Consistently I see zero evidence that anybody in the UK is enforcing the 14 day quarantine. However, that is definitely not the position in some other places – see here where some people on Guernsey got massive fines.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, IOM-Guernsey by GA is now available.

You can fly GA to the Isle of Man from other places, but you’ll have to be in quarantine (effectively house arrest, you cannot leave your property for any reason except life and death emergency) for 2 weeks, and at present, only Manx residents can do this. This will be the case until the border controls reach level 1. The border controls are:

level 5: essential travel only
level 4: all travel allowed, but only Manx residents, and must quarantine for 2 weeks on return <—- we are here
level 3: non-Manx residents can travel to the Isle of Man, but must be a close friend or relative of a Manx resident (or essential worker). Must quarantine for 2 weeks on arrival.
level 2: Quarantine requirement lifted, but only Manx residents and close friends/family of Manx residents or essential workers.
level 1: Anyone can come to the island, no quarantine, but a health declaration required.
level 0: Back to normal.

The Government have said they will move to level 3 (for the UK) when cases fall below 20 per 100,000. At the moment, cases are around 24 per 100,000 and going the wrong way, so I doubt we will be moving to level 3 any time soon. Level 2 is when travel actually becomes practical.

Last Edited by alioth at 13 Aug 08:32
Andreas IOM
Administrator

This shows how dependent these French airports are on British GA traffic

Administrator

Denmark restrictions

We were planning a few nights in Copenhagen, as a sort of a city break; however, the Danish police website suggests that we can only enter Denmark from the UK as tourists if we stay a minimum of six nights. Am I misinterpreting this?

EGCJ, United Kingdom

That is correct. On Bornholm EKRN the Police ask arriving GA pilots for proof of hotel reservation. Hint: you don’t need to stay for six days, but you’ll need a reservation.

LPFR, Poland

After landing at Roskilde EKRK we were checked by the police. They asked why we were visiting Denmark and for how long. When I replied “we are visiting Kopenhagen for six nights” they laughed: “that’s the right answer”

From Roskilde I advise you to take a taxi to the Kopenhagen City Center. For the train you need reserved seats. In our case (with 4 pob) the taxi cost the same as 4 train tickets.

Because of the travel restriction there are hardly any tourists in Kopenhagen. A lot of the souvenir shops are closed.

With regard to Covid-19 I found it pretty relaxed.
No face masks (except inside the airport terminal).

@Peter
Speaking of Alderney, I met this group in Le Touquet last weekend and was surprised to see a Britten Norman BN-2 Islander for the first time…

Cool little twin.

Last Edited by AF at 15 Aug 23:14

I saw the “Alderney” BN2 at Shoreham a week ago also, and wondered how they deal with the 2 week mandatory isolation when they land back on Alderney. Maybe they use the “crew at work” exemption

I walked past their shop in the Alderney main street lots of times; always closed. It’s a long history behind that venture… I doubt it can be posted. Not sure they got an AOC yet.

Administrator

What is the closest airfield with customs that you can fly to from the south east of the England without having to quarantine yourself when you get back ?

United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message