Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

It came up here but nobody picked up the potential

GA flying is obviously a lot safer than airlines in this respect.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It’s extremely rare I’m on an airline. But at the moment it’s pretty much zero chance.

I’m quite content to lay fairly low at the moment and just see what happens.

We just bought 2 tickets to Qingdao (China) next Aug, I still think there is zero chance (though tickets were far cheaper than in Nov19), I don’t think there is any other fun ways to get there other than airliners

Last Edited by Ibra at 10 Feb 10:45
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Outside of China, almost no one has died. It is a flu. Why the obsession with it?

Knowing China very well, video of people disinfecting everything is typical propaganda.

Last Edited by JasonC at 16 Feb 18:49
EGTK Oxford

Italy is discussing closing its borders now, and Austria closing its border with Italy…

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Italy is discussing closing its borders now, and Austria closing its border with Italy…

Politicians panicking. That would have zero effect.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Sure, but do you want to land at say Aosta and be “retained”?

In theory they should tell you to fly straight back out again but the intelligence of an airport policeman is sometimes inversely proportional to the size of his gun

We have stopped all airline travel until this is sorting itself out, even though the UK seems to be doing amazingly well so far.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Sure, but do you want to land at say Aosta and be “retained”?
Aosta is pretty far away from the outbreak region. I don’t think you should have any problems when flying and staying there. A complete country lockdown is not planned. Besides the overreacting Austrians: Switzerland and France have not planned to close their border with Italy at the moment.
Switzerland

Right now it appears risky to fly to Italy or Austria. Not because you might catch it (though I would still avoid packed ski lifts i.e. ski early morning) but because they might close their borders. I wonder if in that case they would allow people to leave?

Administrator

It is still over a month to go but I was wondering for the frist time if AERO is really a good idea this year…

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ
1896 Posts
Sign in to add your message