Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Climate change

Of course there is no environmental benefit to this. But aviation is the low hanging fruit of all transport modes. A symbolic win for the green taliban.

EBST, Belgium

airways wrote:

55K2522001_28003_29_pdf

This is the proposed text which has been passed in the meantime. Sorry, only French/Dutch.

I’ve looked at the proposed Belgian legislation using Google translate. It seems only to relate to airlines (“luchtvaartmaatschappij”). Also, the limit for the €10 tax is not a flight distance of 500 km, but “a destination no further than 500 km as the crow flies from the ARP of the airport with the highest annual number of passengers in the country;” I know that Google translate may not be accurate, but I don’t think it can invent mentioning the ARP etc.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 30 Mar 15:33
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

The tax is definitely for private operators as well. @Dan has the correct paraphrasing.

EBST, Belgium

Is this a €10 tax per flight shorter than 500km GC route, and who is going to be collecting it?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Nobody knows. Training, A-A, are exempted. But a burger-run like EBST-EBAW-EBST will cost €20 per passenger extra.

EBST, Belgium

Hope they will also charge for passengers on other means of transportation… let see… automobiles… motorcycles… busses… trains… cruise ships… etc… etc…
None of those being carbon neutral.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

You’re making too much sense here, @Dan. We don’t do “sense” in Belgium.

EBST, Belgium

Let’s just hope that, A it doesn’t go thru, and B, doesn’t leak (hahaha…) to other EU countries 😵‍💫🙄🤬

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Well, the collecting is the easy part when flying to a field with an ARO. An add-on to the landing fee. Whether that ARO is happy with the hassle of bookkeeping and forwarding the money to the state is another matter. Maybe just as well to treat it as some ‘under the table extra revenue’

Complete bollocks.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Dan wrote:

One thing I never grasped though, and still don’t, is the tax free rule on Jet fuel on international flights, for airlines that is.

Also for flight schools and other commercial entities. In the old days, even GA was tax exempt for international flights. I never understood why that was changed.

The legal reasoning is easy and works along the same lines of getting your VAT back if you buy in Germany and export. Most airports customs wise are duty free areas. Consequently, the fuel bought there and exported is duty free, as it never enters the country. From that viewpoint, it was and is still very questionable to me that fuel used by private planes is taxed even if exported while you can get your VAT back buying other commercial ware and exporting it.

I hope you realize what will happen if that ever gets changed. Ticket prices for CAT will explode and a lot of CAT simply will cease to exist. Flight training will also explode in price if this option is taken away.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message