Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Gemini diesel by Superior

Superior will manufacture and sell the Gemini engine (2 stroke diesel). Will be interesting to see how it goes.

http://superiorairparts.com/files/2514/2966/5042/GEMINI_ANNOUNCEMENT_RELEASE-FINAL.pdf

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

I bet it never comes to market. Always going to happen but never seems to.

I’d love to see you proven wrong, Bathman, but we have seen so many promising entries… DeltaHawk, Wilksch, DAIR, Weslake, Zoche… All have (or at least had at one time) nice websites, none seem to have a lot of engines flying. Apparently there’s nothing really difficult about conceiving (and bringing to the stage of a running prototype) an engine technically superior to the Lycosaurs, the hard part seems to come later.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I think the difference here is Superior is not here to “revolutionize the world”. They are doing this because they believe it is a viable concept, a true alternative to Rotax in particular, but in general a good engine in the 100-130 hp range for any airframe. Besides, it will fit just perfect in my Onex as the natural upgrade in a couple of years. No more concern about fuel availability. Time will tell of course, but I really hope they will make it work.

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Are they all out of the running though?

The attrition rate seems pretty high, but SMA, Rotax, Limbach, Jabiru have all proved that there’s a market out there for new engines. I think my main concern would be support if the company goes bust.

Isn’t another difference that Superior Air Parts are quite a substantial business that have been around a long while, rather than an ambitious start up?

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Yes, they have been around a long time. They have a new site for the Gemini now:

http://geminiengine.aero/

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message