Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin GNS530W not updating odometer

Hi,
I am hoping one of the Garmin avionics guru’s can help me with a strange issue on my GNS 530W.

I have a GNS530/430W combo installed in my Jetprop. Although not critical, I like to record the odometer reading on the Aux/Trip statistics page as an ongoing log of the miles I have travelled in my bird.

Until recently the odometer recorded all flight distances automatically without any intervention from me. On the last few flights neither the trip, nor cumulative odometer readings on the 530W have been updated. I have not performed any upgrades or knowingly altered any settings to account for this, and the rest of the unit’s functions, albeit those that I use regularly appear to be working fine.

I assume this log is automatically updated internally by the GNS software based on flight plans and actual flying?

Is there a setting or external trigger I can check to restore this functionality.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Main SW v5.20. GPS SW v5.0

E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

@wigglyamp may know about this one.

All the Garmin handhelds I have had had a similar feature. They don’t know anything about the flight plan so they just assume you depart and land at the airport whose coordinates are close in the database, and they store the flying time. There was never any config IIRC.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
2 Posts
Sign in to add your message