Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fuel (Avgas 100LL) situation in France.

Hi there,

I am going to Cannes tomorrow for 4 days. Blackbushe EGLK to Cannes LFMD non stop.

Does anyone know what the fuel (100LL) availability is like in France. There has been plenty of news about the shortages that are now affecting motorists. I will be speaking to Cannes to get the latest situation but need to plan an alternate, just in case the French don’t want to sell me any.

Plan B – is stay out of France and go via Geneva (LSGG) or Villanova d’Albenga (LIMG) to pick up fuel. Any suggestions for a fuel stop that can get us away quickly without the usual 1 hour on the ground. As the flight starts in the UK it will also have to be an airfield with Immigration facilities.

Any suggestions?

EGLK, United Kingdom

LFMD notams don’t mention lack of avgas. Give them a call to make sure. They are a proper airport (they have a lot of bizjets) and are well organised.

The thing I would check at LFMD is parking. Last time I was there (years ago) it was very rough grass.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Last year they parked on the grass at Alpha (just north of the fuel pumps). It wasn’t too bad as there hadn’t been much rain.

EGLK, United Kingdom

Hi,
Why not calling Cannes directly for fuel availability ?
If any problem with refuel, it will be notamed anyway.
For your plan B, you’d better refuel in Lausanne instead of GVA, since landing taxes are much higher.
Lausanne has also customs, they just need to be informed at least 1hr before your departure to UK.
www.lausanne-airport.ch for more info…

Emmanuel

LSGL

Thanks Emmanuel. That’s looks good.

EGLK, United Kingdom

There are a some airfields in France with no Avgas, due to the current situation:

Dijon LFSD:
B3160/16 NOTAMN
Q) LFEE/QFUAU/IV/NBO/A /000/999/4716N00506E005
A) LFSD B) 1605231048 C) 1605312359
E) REFUELLING AVGAS 100LL NOT PROVIDED

I have heard from some friends flying in France currently, that there are more fields left dry.

United Kingdom

Thinking of a tour around South West France and wondering if the French Strike has any effect on avgas fuel supplies at the airports.

I believe that the strikers are stopping any movement of fuel from the oil refineries.

Any info would be welcome.

Regards John

[ post moved to existing thread ]

EGCV Sleap, United Kingdom

The best thing would be calling the airfield. No one knows the level in their tanks.

United Kingdom

Fuel is OK at Cannes today. Just spoke to them and nothing on the NOTAM’s.

EGLK, United Kingdom

You won’t be able to simply land and refuel in LSGG, slot needed and Avgas only available through the FBO fuel truck.
LFLI is right next to it and probably on your way. They have Avgas available and cheap landing fees… at least they did today.
safe flight

LFLP
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message