Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

IFR into Toussus LFPN

I finally managed to go to LFPN from The Netherlands!
Went there IFR and, as many others said, it’s totally hassle free. I’ve just been unlucky with runway in use being 07, as I missed the approach over Paris and added some track miles with vectoring around to get to the final track. Did not go to town, just had lunch at the airport.
The restaurant close to the GAT was closed, but there’s another one on the other side of the airport, 10 minutes walk, that was open and good.
Departure back was a bit messy, as they changed my clearance 2 times on the ground and one more time in the air just after contacting Orly approach, with interesting instructions like intercept a radial from POY and then a radial from TSU :)
I believe runway 25 would have made the departure more straightforward, on top of offering better views on approach on the way in :)
No clue on landing and parking fee, as ADP told me the invoice will probably be sent in July. Will write a report in the database when I get the invoice.

EHLE LIMB, Netherlands

In case you are not aware, there is Echo airspace all over the place in France above FL65 and flying CAS/OCAS in France is piece of cake (with some NOTAMS planning)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

26th looks like it will be fine. I’ll use Lille rather than LFAT as the routing allows me to maintain CAS via OO to the UK at FL100.

If anyone is UK based and wants to join on Friday from Stapleford at lunchtime. Let me know.

P.s. Presume both Lille and Paris are good for quick pit stops, for A checks and constellation Urine?

Last Edited by pilotrobbie at 22 Aug 11:19
Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Agree IFR is not a problem but over the last month or so 3 VFR aircraft a week have been falling foul of DSAC-N by infringing the blue circles.
Many of these are based aircraft or regulars to LFPN.
The situation is so bad that the FFA have taken to printing a stock statement at the end of each of the REX reports stating their position both in terms of legality and safety.

Last Edited by gallois at 21 Aug 17:20
France

And nothing special for getting JetA, just tell on the phone you will pay by credit card, not total card and the fuel truck will come (expect a few minutes of delay). You can now book the fuel truck in advance online but not sure it will fit you

Yes, there is a booking form online for PPR to get Avgas & JetA from trucks at LFPN…I was “number 11” once for JetA (as I don’t have Total Card for Diesel), I went to Pontoise to get some with Ameridair before going to Calais

The app/form is not in AIP/VAC, so no clue how a visitor will find out about this? “calling by phone on the day” is not an issue if they have a half day available…

PPR fuel

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Aug 16:58

Well, when you are based there (my case at the moment), it is not so bad and has been the case for a long time (avoiding the minefield of villages).

Coming once from abroad, especially IFR, it will absolutely not be a problem. Just check the days of ATC closure because it restricts the field to based traffic.

We are going on holidays so won’t be able to pick you up but nothing changed recently at LFPN. All pretty easy with the little GA terminal and Uber. And nothing special for getting JetA, just tell on the phone you will pay by credit card, not total card and the fuel truck will come (expect a few minutes of delay). You can now book the fuel truck in advance online but not sure it will fit you. Maybe refuelling at Lille will be easier and quicker, it is less busy but never been there.

Enjoy your trip, sorry you cancelled Ibiza, it would have been a great travel.

LFOU, France

WTF … This looks like really bad.
Do they really think this is for safety?
Why don’t they just close the place?

That’s exactly what people who have bought houses near this ancient airport want and have been trying to do for a long time now. They are demanding one concession after another. Just look at the blue circles. Ridiculous.

France

It’s 3rd-4th French airport in terms of annual mouvements, maybe 2nd during 2020-2021?

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Aug 13:58

Ibra wrote:

Only under IFR with ATS under VFR, there is no way you can land there with the new published VAC, make sure you fuel JetA elsewhere as it’s unlikely you will get any at Toussus unless you have a whole day for it

Sorry it’s in French but you can translate

https://www.aerovfr.com/2022/08/le-gymkhana-de-toussus-le-noble/

WTF … This looks like really bad.
Do they really think this is for safety?

Germany

Thanks for the link Ibra. Wow. Toussus is REALLY f*cked up. Almost worse than Egelsbach and Bonn…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
41 Posts
Sign in to add your message