Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

IFR into Toussus LFPN

I last went into LFPN a long time ago in conventional navigation days. Going again on Wednesday.

Filed route is ABB R50 DPE H20 BOBSA BENAR CAD ODILO LFPN, which is a bit around the houses.

I was wondering what to expect in practice, please.

They will probably give you a shortcut when you arrive at the latitude of EPR to join the approach directly. Maybe even shorter.

LFPL, France

Thank you. And outbound the choice seems to be a fairly short RNAV 1 SID OPALE6N at FL 120 or above, or a longer conventional SID EVX6N at lower levels. The AIP suggests DCT MTD but I can’t get that to validate. Is Paris likely to insist on the 120 if I file OPALE? Presumably it crossed PG outbounds?

This is what I got last week

There

Back

Last Edited by Noe at 14 Oct 16:50

To file MTD departure you need to remove the RNAV capability from the equipment section (don’t ask me why…).
If you file OPALE and can’t make FL120 advise ATC when requesting startup.

Thanks both, very helpful.

Is LFPN now a complete no-go, unless you clear customs at LFAT?

I see – - FLIGHTS INSIDE SCHENGEN AND EU :
Authorized if exempted (funds and goods).
See website : www.douane.gouv.fr
- FLIGHTS OUTSIDE SCHENGEN (UNITED KINGDOM, IRLAND, ROMANIA, BULGARIA, CYPRUS, CROATIA) OR OUTSIDE EU :
Prohibited.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

pilotrobbie wrote:

You can also clear immigration and customs elsewhere than LFAT :)

Yes, LFPN lost its port of entry status some time ago. I believe in 2017.

ELLX

France removed immigration/customs from 50-100 airports in the 2011-2013 timeframe. Some airports foughts this (because they lost so much traffic) but obviously they cannot win the battle against the police who have zero interest in economics, and enjoy making that very clear to all.

A day trip into “Paris” has not been possible for years. Le Bourget has no avgas and is best part of €1k.

As usual, check the AIP, and the EuroGA airports database is an easy way

Paris GA airports thread.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

pilotrobbie wrote:

I see – – FLIGHTS INSIDE SCHENGEN AND EU :
Authorized if exempted (funds and goods).
See website : www.douane.gouv.fr
- FLIGHTS OUTSIDE SCHENGEN (UNITED KINGDOM, IRLAND, ROMANIA, BULGARIA, CYPRUS, CROATIA) OR OUTSIDE EU :
Prohibited.

@pilotrobbie, there are no customs true GA airports in Paris anymore, only LFPG, LFPO and LFPB.

EGTR
41 Posts
Sign in to add your message