Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Sandbank at low tide.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Peter, is it worth making this a sticky thread? Seems popular.

EGTK Oxford

a sticky thread?

Or, we just keep posting photos, I can offer lots!

Vestmannaeyjar, off the coast of Iceland, and the volcano which buried town in 1973

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

Somebody was starting a business printing photos onto a matrix of bathroom tiles, so I gave him the 2nd one to do. We now have this covering an entire bathroom wall... 8x4 tiles. It wasn't cheap, which was perhaps why his business didn't take off. But it looks great!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter, is it worth making this a sticky thread? Seems popular.

Or perhaps if there is a review of forum sections, maybe have it as a distinct section? Otherwise it can take a long time to load up all the pictures on one thread if you dont have them in cache. And to be honest most of the trips I do are not worthy of me writing anything about, but I do try to make them interesting to me and others by trying to capture some beautiful photos. Seeing some of all of your pics inspires me as much as general discussion sometimes. It doesnt matter if they are at 20,000 ft or 200 ft :-)

I will put this forward to David but currently the software does not support stickies.

One thing I would like to say:

Please reduce your photos to an appropriate size before posting them here. The Posting Tips tell you what is preferred. This forum software is unusual in that the HTML code very neatly instructs the client browser to resize "massive" photos to fit into the forum width, but the actual jpeg still has to be downloaded to the client (i.e. your PC) and this can be very slow if someone posts say a dozen 2MB images. The client then has to download 24MB, which is a slight hassle on ADSL but could give you a big suprise on your phone bill if you are mobile/roaming etc.

This is not a limitation of EuroGA. It is simply the way the internet works - unless one gets the forum server to resize and store the image files in its own storage, which almost no publicly open forum does because it will bring its server down pretty quick. In fact most forums make a complete hash of the resizing...

Most photo editing apps have a "global edit" function for resizing and if you resize the desired picture selection to say 1024 pixels wide that will generate image files in the region of 100-200k bytes each, which is quite reasonable.

Such reduced pictures are also frankly preferred for emailing to (most) people.

If you upload your pics to say Photobucket, that resizes them anyway to 1024 wide (if they are wider than 1024 to start with) which I think is the biggest it supports. However Imgur.com is much quicker than Photobucket for ad hoc stuff.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Please reduce your photos to an appropriate size before posting them here.

However Imgur.com is much quicker than Photobucket for ad hoc stuff.

Imgur automatically creates a smaller version for you - just append a lower case l (LIMA) to the filename before the dot.

e.g. becomes - 500kB becomes 25kB!

Just a post of some photos from the Atlantic crossing - some appeared in my article on the Atlantic crossing.

Goose Bay

Runway is down there somewhere

Final into Narsarsuaq

The "Terminal" there

Departing Narsarsuaq

Runway in Kulusuk

View from hotel room in Kulusuk (only guests that night...)

Mountain waves over Iceland

Icelandic mountains

Faroes

Leaving for Wick

CBs over Scottish coast

EGTK Oxford

Just a post of some photos from the Atlantic crossing - some appeared in my article on the Atlantic crossing.

Fantastic pics Jason....must have been a great trip....one I would love to do...and a great way to get to know your new plane...I presume the article you refer to is on this forum somewhere...otherwise could you post a link?

AQ

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

Found it!

YPJT, United Arab Emirates
Sign in to add your message