Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Wiki infos

Last Edited by boscomantico at 01 Apr 08:12
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Rather than stuffing myself with eggs I treated myself to a nice Easter flight over the mountain ridge of Northern Mallorca. Can’t beat Peter’s flight from his home base and back via some mountains, but here goes anyway. Have to say that the logistics were somewhat easier. Just needed permission from my wife. And no further radio contact whatsoever.

Inbound:

Climbing gradually…:

…to soon reach the Puig Major, the Balearics highest peak at some 4500 ft. It looks higher than is actually is, due to its ruggedness I guess. Mil/Civ radar on top.

The Tomir (3000 ft):

Returning back home via the hills on the South Eastern part of the island. Near my home:

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

@aart lindo vuelo y fotos, un paisaje duende como dicen en Colombia

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

aart wrote:

Rather than stuffing myself with eggs I treated myself to a nice Easter flight over the mountain ridge of Northern Mallorca.

Tramuntana

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Nice aart wrote:

Just needed permission from my wife. And no further radio contact whatsoever

Haha, that would be a funny story to read in the last edition of UK CAA MORs !
With all the Garmin tech, one still has to startup OK-IDO with choke

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The choke on the Bing carbs is more modern compared with the priming routine used on aero engines, motorcycles made the transition in the early ‘70s which is when CV Bings and other similar carbs were introduced. However priming does seem to work better depending on engine configuration – on some engines you can crank for quite a while with choke before the fuel gets to the cylinders. I love the way my O-320 starts so immediately when primed, and I think Avgas also helps compared to the crap fuel used on the road.

A beautiful flight @aart, similar in many ways to my typical flights.

With all the Garmin tech, one still has to startup OK-IDO with choke.

Haha @ibra but just you wait until I get that turbine in my plane! And then I can install a big red masculine overtorque annunciator on that spot

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Coming home after a Lancair meeting in KHND (Las Vegas)
Accidents all over heavy winds from the west USA , fatal crashes in Sedona, Winslow, non fatal at KHND bad weekend for aviation , landed for refuel in Flagstaff with 50 knots headwind and wind shear but back home in one piece and a lot smarter
One of our buddies in his EVO had under night flying a meltdown of the Garmin with screen telling him 43,000 feet altitude and 450 knots in the dark a/p off due to sensors and controllers telling him to descend since their ADSB image was similar to his, Almost crashed in the desert. Pitot tubing route melted due to heat and became constricted. One more reason to use ForeFlight in an iPad for backup ( he had one but did not know how to utilize it).

KHQZ, United States

294kt at 28k – amazing! Are you pressurised?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message