Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Ibra wrote:

but when you lockdown the capital parisiennes run away all over the place then you lockdown the whole country

Yes, exactly what happened this time last year… history repeats itself.
Hey, the important thing is that with the days getting longer, Macaroon says the virus is out later at 7pm now…
More flying time for the rest of us

A little bumpy (18kts on the ground), but incredibly clear air, 60NM visibility at 2500ft

Last Edited by Arne at 21 Mar 14:26
ESMK, Sweden

More than a little bumpy going to Arcachon yesterday, coming back today…

And then there is this still sitting on the ramp in Annecy (tried getting into LFHN it ended going round at 30ft because of windsheer And elected the taxi ride from Annecy…)

Last Edited by LFHNflightstudent at 21 Mar 20:38
LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

What happened to the HB-LUV plane that it is still sitting there after 3 months? ASN says it came off the runway in snow. I guess recovery of a plane is complicated now due to CV19.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Peter I see a glorious future for this airframe as diet Coke cans :)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

aart wrote:

Cabrera, a nature reserve.

@aart lovely photograph.

I’ve visited Cabrera while chartering a yacht – it was phenomenally beautiful. One needs to obtain a permit in advance to moor in the bay (no anchoring allowed) and then you take your dinghy ashore and enjoy some amazing scenery and walking. Of course we went to the top, to the fort.

There was an old cannon near the dingy dock. It carried the broad arrow which denotes British government property. I don’t know if our occupation of the Balearics (Mahon was certainly very important to the Royal Navy in the Mediterranean) included Cabrera.

Last Edited by Graham at 21 Mar 23:10
EGLM & EGTN

Good thing you enjoyed the Balearics that way, Graham. And especially sailing to Cabrera where you really feel like being in centuries past. It’s my favorite spot to sail to.

I don’t think Cabrera was ever dominated by the Brits, need to look it up. As you say, Menorca is another matter. It’s very interesting to see the influence of British architecture in Mahon. And Admiral Nelson really had it figured out with his wonderful and peaceful house overlooking the bay.. His subordinates may have been a little less peaceful at times. I had a good laugh when I heard that a rather English word for the consequence of being hit in one’s face found its way into the Menorquin dialect:
A “blak”

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

A flight towards/over/along alps is on list for all of us. The weather is fantastic at the moment and I took the family for a tour to Zugspitze. My wife took the pictures.

The kids were happy as long as the flight entertainment and inflight services were delivered on time :)

EDMB, Germany

Lovely pictures Arun, the family looks bored as hell with such stunning views, no hard feelings

Last Edited by Ibra at 31 Mar 10:39
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Wonderful pics – always

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message