Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

just okay flying VFR

Yep, barely ok today with that severe CAVU

@Silvaire, yes, we imported the Florida built LSA Sport Panther in 2019. We had it shipped, and I did the test flights following reassembly. Powered by a 120HP 3l liter 6 cylinder Corvair, it has a fixed cruise prop, so take-off and initial climb performance is modest, but once in the cruise it performs nicely. The engine is turning pretty fast as we usually cruise at 2’800RPM, returning a TAS of about 140 MPH, or you can hit higher speeds by turning up to 3’350RPM. The noise level is ok with a ANR headset.
And it’s got foldable wings and is aerobatic

We haven’t ventured abroad yet since A, it is flown for pure fun on short flights around here, and B we are unsure about the US exp status within the different European countries… I’d sure would not officially venture into Italy, even though nobody would have a clue… maybe

Last Edited by Dan at 31 Jan 18:10
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

we imported the Florida built LSA Sport Panther in 2019. We had it shipped, and I did the test flights following reassembly. Powered by a 120HP 3l liter 6 cylinder Corvair,

Interesting plane!

Bernie Pietenpol would be proud (he first used a Corvair in around 1960)

Maybe overfly Campione d’Italia first and see what happens, then go from there

Last Edited by Silvaire at 31 Jan 19:08

After departure from EPJS

Poland

What are we looking at in that photo?

It looks like a large sliver of land running across a large lake. A quick look at EPJS on Google Earth doesn’t reveal any lakes nearby.

Is it fog covered land with something clearly a line of fog (maybe a road with traffic moving the fog)??

EIWT Weston, Ireland

It’s EPJA, not EPJS apologies for the error, I can’t edit the original post
Jastarnia on Hel peninsula

Poland

See here.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks, missed that thread
It’s definitely the most expensive pasture in this part of Europe, luckily at the moment there’s no one there to collect landing fees ;)

Poland

Pic July 2020…
Fantastic welcome by the field owner (who had quite a leg injury from kite-surfing). Overnighted, then a short hop to visit Gdansk on the next day

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Yesterday in southwestern Germany

Germany

Winter is just the best for cloud scenery

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message