Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

The wiring under the panel is not very trustworthy

EDWF, Germany

|Scotland 20/1/2023. Freezing level was 9,000’ on 23/1. None of these hills nears 4,000’.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

I’ve always been interested in the Fuji, but have never been near one. It looks right, the Japanese manufacture is interesting, and a friend of my dad’s bought one new. He sold an Airtourer to buy it and apparently enjoyed the similarly nice control harmony of the Fuji, while gaining two seats. Unfortunately he crashed it into the side of a mountain before either my dad or I ever flew in it.

PS Re Maoraigh’s post I’ve never been in a Bölkow Junior either, would like to (and there is one nearby), but I’m not sure I’d fit!

Last Edited by Silvaire at 29 Jan 17:09

Shot a few dozen pics of those boring mountains today, won’t bore you with those
So today‘s pic was taken on the snow parking at a very busy Samedan LSZS

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

@Dan, do you guys keep wheel fairings on when operating on snowy surfaces?
Didn’t you find snow building up inside the fairings?

Poland

Yes we keep them wheelpants on since the runways are clear around here, only the taxiway has some snow on.
But good remark, would be good to remove for loose snow ops 👍🏻

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Dan wrote:

But good remark, would be good to remove for loose snow ops

We always remove wheelpants for the winter season.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Pic of the day… “short” hop South of the Alps for the CHF500.- pizza
The spontaneous fly-out (…) had 4 airplanes from my field, the pseudo RV-3 Panther, an RV-7 and a -14A (not pictured here), and my ride.

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Looks on the photo like you’ve been just okay flying VFR ;-)

EDLE

Interesting that the Panther is an FAA Experimental Category aircraft, presumably maintained that way after export from the US. You had me thinking it was being flown internationally with “south of the Alps” but of course Locarno is indeed south of the Alps

Last Edited by Silvaire at 31 Jan 17:44
Sign in to add your message