Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

@Dan have you flown to Jesenwang (EDMJ)?

nope… as a number 1 it would be way too close to my place, not far enough to get the engine to temps
As a number 2, if it is another quirky give way to cars place, it would only reinforce rule #1

PS
Might have met you in OSH as I stayed the whole week, visiting from EU in my steed…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Is that the only airport/field in the world where aircraft give way to stupid 2D cars?

Likely so? even in Gibraltar, the road gets closed when aircraft land/depart, at Toususs while taxiing DA40 out of Farman Hangar, they block the whole road for me

PS: if you ever lose your based or vistor badge on Sunday afternoon you can call Ground ATC using handheld VHF radaio and ask for taxi, they will open the gates and block the whole car road for you while you walk, proper VIP treatment !

Last Edited by Ibra at 05 Aug 22:06
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Dan wrote:

it would be way too close to my place, not far enough to get the engine to temps

Jesenwang (EDMJ) has a 408 m long paved runway supplemented by a road at the west end. Landing on 07 involves an approach low enough that you might hit the top of a car on the road, so the Flugleiter lowers gates on the roads before you land.

Dan wrote:

Might have met you in OSH as I stayed the whole week, visiting from EU in my steed…

We walked 15,000 steps a day and covered the whole grounds, maybe I saw the plane at least although I don’t recall seeing an RV with Swiss registration. It would have been nice to meet you, especially with you having come so far. What an adventure that trip must have been.

IIRC to get to the Robin hangar at Dijon/Darois you had to cross a busy road.

France

gallois wrote:

to get to the Robin hangar at Dijon/Darois you had to cross a busy road.

Done that and waited 😅 maps/streetview

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Silvaire wrote:

the Flugleiter lowers gates on the roads before you land.

So the right of way stays with the aircraft, right? Same at some other fields. Post #393 is aircraft giving way to cars, etc…

Silvaire wrote:

don’t recall seeing an RV with Swiss registration. It would have been nice to meet you, especially with you having come so far. What an adventure that trip must have been.

I stayed on line 403 in HBC for the first nite on Thursday 21st, then moved to line 301 until Friday 29th when I left north eastbound… and yep, the trip exceeded all of my expectations by a good margin

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

and since the title of this thread is flying photos, here’s my take whilst airborne, having flown the whole published approach procedure on a surprisingly busy Thursday, 3 days before the official start of the event. The wind was like 270/15 with some gusts, and the controller sent the aircraft I was following onto runway 27, the one behind me that almost cut my tail off a few miles back also to 27… but despite requesting 27 twice I was assigned 36L. It is not, and was not a problem with my baby, but left me rather unimpressed, like many other things at OSH…

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Not Africa. A commercial airport in the EU.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 06 Aug 11:01
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

We are to have a EuroGA zoom (not running anymore) quiz re which one?

LGST has avgas in drums too.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message