Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

SD, That’s a good solution to make those work.

Mine behaves similarly, although I can’t see him all the time in the baggae area. He looks up and is watching for take off, settles down and sleeps for the cruise, then when getting ready to land I usually notice he’s popped up for a look out.

Found a picture of his other ear muffs.

That’s fantastic thanks. Arthur is keenly awaiting delivery.

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

Invested in a GoPro Hero 10 a few months back. The results were very good, however I realised that certain aspects were not my cup of tea. I then further invested in some ND filters (Pretty expensive) and this got rid of the prop blur/shimmy.

Here’s the results at 4K60 a few days ago on the way back from Cambridge in the airways.

Last Edited by pilotrobbie at 05 Dec 16:29
Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

on the way back from Cambridge in the airways

Do we still fly on airways with GTN650? I had the impression it’s all Radar vectors or PBN directs on GPS these days

Last Edited by Ibra at 05 Dec 20:48
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The term “airways” is horribly mis-used in the UK. It is used by some old instructors like a massive pilot’s watch, 100% mechanical of course and with 7 dials around the outside, to show that he is (always a HE) a real red blooded pilot with an IR. It is also used to scare the great unwashed (everybody without an IR) into being mortally frightened of venturing into Class A. The CAA recently formalised the policy Clint Eastwood was right: there are only those two kinds of people.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Ah the LTMA then ?

PS: I was puzzled as north of Cambridge there are no Airways routes and no TMA Alpha, it’s Golf with no ATS routes up to FL195, all the way to Newcastle or Aberdeen !

Last Edited by Ibra at 05 Dec 23:09
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@skydriller any chance of a photo of your partner’s solution for the dachshunds?

Squire is a cocker spaniel like those shown by @Pig and @Off_Field but keen to see all the options.

EGLM & EGTN

The Upper Var valley, north of Nice, from a flight today.

LFMD, France

After a long time with bad weather finaly in the air again. River Ems (Germany) and the area south of Leer. I think it was one of my last flights with this plane after 4 years of happy ownership.

EDWF, Germany
Sign in to add your message