Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK GAR form discussion, and UK border police procedures

On my site (search for GAR).

Actually I should mention that BF told me yesterday that I had been sending the wrong GAR form and they cannot upload it to some system, and have to do it by hand. They sent me the “right one” (which happened to be at the above link for ages) but when I looked at the differences they are tiny. Both are dated Dec 2020; the “wrong” one has “Police Scotland” in top RH corner. The “right one” also has a mistake on the phone number cell: instead of text it is formatted as a number so 01273123456 shows up as 1273123456 and +44… cannot be entered at all I must have picked up my form just before they changed it but they changed it without changing the file name or date…

I create new GARs by doing an edit on a previous one (if possible with same passengers) and doing a Save As.

Can anyone using the UK Govt site say whether it enables easy passenger data config and re-use?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Graham wrote:

Really, you get close to 100%?

I get close to zero – in fact I’ve only been met once (and once they left a message with airfield operations to call them.) Though obviously I don’t fly anything like as often as you.

It’s police force dependent.

Some do a lot more checks than others. Some area’s I’ve never been met by police. Other areas, I’m met every single time.
North Wales Police Force told me (some years ago, so it might have changed by now) that they have a policy of meeting every single flight that requires a GAR.

But you guys probably always arrive into the UK or depart from the UK from your home field, so you are always experiencing and interacting with the one police force all the time. Try a different police force and your experience may be different.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

dublinpilot wrote:

It’s police force dependent.

Some do a lot more checks than others. Some area’s I’ve never been met by police. Other areas, I’m met every single time.
North Wales Police Force told me (some years ago, so it might have changed by now) that they have a policy of meeting every single flight that requires a GAR.

But you guys probably always arrive into the UK or depart from the UK from your home field, so you are always experiencing and interacting with the one police force all the time. Try a different police force and your experience may be different.

Absolutely.

I once flew into RAF Mona (from Berkshire) and had the ‘pleasure’ of dealing with North Wales Police.

We were meeting up with friends who’d flown from Northern Ireland. Obviously they had a GAR in, so the Police were there to meet them. I was lectured by an exceptionally ignorant and arrogant policeman who told me all flights to their ‘patch’ needed a GAR regardless of their place of origin – yes all flights from everywhere, even the rest of the UK. I said he was clearly mistaken, he went into full-on “now listen to me young man” mode so I sort of half laughed at him and half invited him to arrest me if he had a problem with our flight. He wanted me to fill out a paper one for him there and then – I told him to forget it and leave me alone. This is what I mean (on the French immigration thread) about being happy to stand one’s ground if you know the rules and know the limits of power.

Last Edited by Graham at 18 Jul 18:33
EGLM & EGTN

yes all flights from everywhere, even the rest of the UK

We were told same by SERCO for visiting RAF Brize from Damyns Hall, it was a foot long checklist of documents with GAR being one of them

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The maximum IQ to get a job at SERCO is around 20.

Administrator

I’m currently at 20% – out of 5 GARs submitted, police showed up only once, few days ago when I landed to EGBB.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The hiring process:
- what is your IQ?
- what is an IQ?
- you are hired

As handling service, their quality/price sits near that IQ level…

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Jul 07:16
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

THAT explains the staffing problems in airport security – there are only around 500 people in the entire world with an IQ that low, they all already work for SERCO!

Biggin Hill

I’ve just been told that the UK Govt GAR site does not support N-regs. You can enter the reg in but it won’t store it. Maybe it was done for G only.

Has anyone tried it?

Administrator

I set it up and saved the data for a flight and that worked fine. I didn’t actually make the trip or file it, so can’t say 100% that it works. But I was able to save it and retrieve it later. I just checked again and it is still there. I find it a shame that such a statement is made in that form….. okay to say that one has trouble getting it to work, but to simply state that it is not supported is the stuff of fake news.

Last Edited by chflyer at 20 Aug 07:58
LSZK, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message