Welcome to our forums

UK GAR form discussion, and UK border police procedures

you get close to 100%?

Yes; until very recently.

You’ve met me. You know I’ve got a face of a drug dealer and an Irish accent

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

From here

I find that as an EU citizen things have also changed when going to the UK btw. Used to always just file GAR’s and not ever hear back apart from he occasional check upon entry.
The last GAR I filed I got this reply (post a phone call with explanation). Similar to the EU, the UK does keep track of the number of days an EU citizen without resident status now spends in the UK

Following on from our earlier telephone conversation this evening. Thank you for confirming the intentions of your passenger, Evelyn XXXX, Jeffrey XXXX and yourself, including confirming the reason for the trip and how long you are intending to remain in the UK for.

Please take this email as confirmation of the following;

Evelyn XXXX – is granted entry to the UK as a visitor for up to 6 months, during this time she is not allowed to work and does not have any recourse to public funds.

Wim XXXX – You are granted entry to the UK operating under a crew concession as you are arriving as a pilot and departing the UK within 7 days as operating crew.

Please make us aware as soon as possible if anything changes by responding to the email address I have CC’d in to this correspondence.

So that doesn’t appear as straight forward either tbh…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Peter wrote:

Yes; until very recently.

You’ve met me. You know I’ve got a face of a drug dealer and an Irish accent

as I posted in the other thread, as a non-UK citizen I’ve had calls prior to arrival form BF on the last 3 occasions and have been met on the past 2 occasions. So they do as Peter rightly states – get out quite often to come and meet pilots.

chflyer wrote:

Online GAR seems to be broken.

Working ok for me, as always 100% .. unlike the other options

United Kingdom

Wow. Haven‘t heard of that before. Myself, I have flown to the UK in March and in June. Never had any reaction to my GARs.

In March, I was met, at Pent Farm, by Border Force. In June; after landing at Bembridge, noone of that sort was to be seen.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

@Peter, could it be because it is summer? And it changes back to “nah! not coming!” if it is cold and miserable outside? ;)

EGTR

Never had any reaction to my GARs.

With passengers? or crew only? I had similar exchanges with PAX, while ago things do get interesting paperwise when passengers are Russian, Lebanese or American…who are not UK residents (holding an ILR) or EU citizens, they need to file more UK forms in addition to GAR they also need permission or admission by email or phone prior to arrival or after landing…

UKBF RC

The other alternative is to use airports like Southend & Biggin and give 24h GAR for such flights: it’s what you are told on phone while on hot tarmac (of course, feel free to ignore as it’s not in “UK GAR Guidance”)

What is not clear if any of this is required for flights with PAX who are EU citizens but not CTA citizens? so far not in my personal experience but LFHNflightstudent pirep seems to suggest this is changing

I find that as an EU citizen things have also changed when going to the UK btw. Used to always just file GAR’s and not ever hear back apart from he occasional check upon entry.
The last GAR I filed I got this reply (post a phone call with explanation). Similar to the EU, the UK does keep track of the number of days an EU citizen without resident status now spends in the UK

Which airport? how long was your GAR PN?

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 Jul 14:03
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Yes very possible. OTOH, some years ago, they turned up in p1ssing rain to check passports. I was pretty sure this was because one passenger was Irish

OnlineGAR works for me now. I’ve just looked at the pricing (not looked at it for ages) recalling it was £3 per GAR. However, if I read it correctly, if you have 2 named pilots then it is £6 per GAR.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Which airport? how long was your GAR PN?

EGNE on this occasion

Is there anywhere I can download a “sample” GAR because I have not done one for several years and I would like to collect all necessary data before attempting to complete on the Border Force site?
Thanks

UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message