Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Temporary Schengen "suspension" around Europe

I was under the impression that as long as you are an EU resident fully vaccinated with an EU health pass, you can freely travel within the EU ?? Therefore it is back the way it was for the fully vaxxed…??

Of course it doesnt surprise me that there are rules applied to GA that dont apply driving a car…

Regards, SD..

It would be good to get pireps to find out if any flightplans to GA airfields are leading to problems in practice. But I can’t believe so.

We had intra Schengen arrivals at LFBI, LFHO, LFMU and LEMU within the last six weeks. No problems what so ever, no questions asked.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

LEMU

Thanks. As I expected.

So let‘s collect more pireps here, i.e.:

- cases where flightplans were rejected due to some airfield allegedly not being able to receive a specific international flight, or where such arrival led to „trouble“ afterwards

- (France-specific): cases where pilots flew to PPF airfields on international (inner-Schengen) flights without giving any PN and where this led to some „problem“

I guess there won’t be many such cases, but there might be a few.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 24 Apr 12:50
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

It would be good to get pireps to find out if any flightplans to GA airfields are leading to problems in practice. But I can’t believe so. There is a lot of high end (jet/turboprop) traffic landing at Sabadell. I am sure it is not all domestic traffic

According to someone who fly regularly from Paris to Ampuriabrava (he owns flat there), he never had an issue but he reckons it could be a “problem” elsewhere…

I would say it is still safe to carry as before, regarding NOTAM & regulation, the implementation is still “work in progress” for airports & air, they have done the implementation procedures for boats & ships this year by next year we will get more clarity

I think it’s mandatory to fill up SPTH Health Control Form if EU certificate is not valid but I am not sure about temperature checks and visual inspection? it’s hot weather over there so better sample before departure

https://www.sanidad.gob.es/en/profesionales/saludPublica/sanidadExterior/ControlHS.htm

(France-specific): cases where pilots flew to PPF airfields on international (inner-Schengen) flights without giving any PN and where this led to some „problem“

I had this in Tours 3 years ago on arrival from Spain, we were told to wait for the police by operation (unlike LaRochelle there is no 24h PN NOTAM for intra-Shengen)

Last Edited by Ibra at 24 Apr 12:59
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Maybe I should have mentioned that we need recent (2022) pireps, but I didn‘t think it needed saying.

No experience of intra-Schengen via big PPF airports in France (I fly from non-PPF airports), it will be good to know if someone has tried recently? maybe a pirep after Aero at EDNY?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Just to report my experience last week.

I fly regularly from Dinard and have a reasonable communication with the Customs people so try and follow their rules.

Last year there was a NOTAM requiring prior notice of any international flight. So last summer when I flew intra-Schengen to Belgium, I spoke to Customs and was told they were only interested in my inbound return flight. They attended my arrival, as they usually do nowadays. That NOTAM no longer appears so I asked about a flight to Majorca last week and was told that I needed to give notice of my return trip since they were obliged to check my Covid vaccination status – despite having done so at least three times in as many weeks.

For my return from Muchamiel, I was met by 3 douaniers who had no interest in seeing my passport but just wanted to check my QR vaccination code. The following day I departed from Dinard for Guernsey and had my Covid status checked again on the way out, as well as my passport.

I have no idea how long this nonsense is going to carry on, but I have no wish to upset the authorities so will do what is necessary.

United Kingdom

Thanks a lot, although not exactly the type of pirep I am looking for (what happens if *no*PN is given).

Peter wrote:

I am sure any airport can legally implement a 1 year PPR if they wanted to. Europe does not have the US concept of “public airports” whereby an airport must accept traffic otherwise it loses the FAA funding.

In Austria, all primary airports and secondary airfields must accept traffic and have a “operating duty”.

https://eaip.austrocontrol.at/lo/220422/ad_2.htm

always learning
LO__, Austria

I spotted that LOAV has an active NOTAM (published 22 March 2022 for 2 months) which requires two forms for ALL international arrivals (including Schengen), one per flight and one per passenger/crew (dated from Jan 2021) to the national authorities, all to be emailed to the tower at least one day prior. This implies similar paperwork for any other Austrian airport, but conflicts with the government website that states only non-vaccinated arrivals need to fill in their online form. I can’t find a similar NOTAM for any other Austrian airport or applicable to the FIR itself.

E) COVID-19
THE REPUBLIC OF AUSTRIA, FEDERAL MINISTRY FOR HEALTH HAS ENACTED
FOLLOWING REGULATION CONCERNING THE ENTRY INTO AUSTRIA BY AIR IN
RESPECT OF SARS-COV-2 / COVID-19:

1) IF ARRIVING TO AUSTRIA, PAX AND CREW HAVE TO FILE AN ELECTRONIC
FORM BEFORE ARRIVAL AT
HTTPS://TINYURL.COM/ATPTCEN
ENGLISH: HTTPS://TINYURL.COM/PTCFORMAT

2) IF ARRIVING TO LOAV, PAX AND CREW HAVE TO FILE AN FORM BEFORE
ARRIVAL AT
HTTPS://WWW.LOAV.AT
AND SEND THIS FORM TO: TOWER.LOAV(AT)VIENNAAIRPORT.COM