Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Temporary Schengen "suspension" around Europe

gallois wrote:

As a matter of interest other than the name of the PIC what other personal information does an FPL contain?

Skydemon flightplans include your name and phone number in remarks section (in addition to your name in the pilot in command section). I know it says supplementary information (not to be transmitted in FPL messages) but even so I’m not particularly happy about this; I do leave it in however, because once I forgot to close a FP and Lille info phoned me to make sure I was alive. I did feel suitably guilty afterwards.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

lionel wrote:

Location information, that is the information when that PIC

That is an interesting legal question that might be answered differently by different national data protection agencies: Technically a flight plan does not contain any location information. It is just a plan that states that the PIC might intend to be at a specific place at a specific time. Even more precisely not even that, but – as FPLs are not necessarily filed by the PIC itself – it contains only the information that somebody else has the opinion that the PIC intends to be at a specific point at a specific time…

Capitaine wrote:

I do leave it in however, because once I forgot to close a FP

… and in case of an unplanned landing due to radio communication failure at least in Germany SAR will call you on this mobile number before they send the cavalry

Germany

“Location information, – - – - but tracking the location of your pocket computer (AKA phone)”
My Android phone is tracked. The track is occasionally available to me, as my “Timeline”. I have no doubt it is available to State organisations, but not admitted.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Maoraigh wrote:

My Android phone is tracked. The track is occasionally available to me, as my “Timeline”. I have no doubt it is available to State organisations, but not admitted.

Depends how Google deals with those data and to whom they release them.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

skydriller wrote:

“Aerodromes that do not have the status of border crossing point are authorized to receive direct flights from or to countries belonging to the Schengen area, without any formality related to border control of persons being required, without prejudice to the provisions set out in Chapter III of this order. However, when internal border controls are temporarily reintroduced in application of the Schengen Borders Code, border controls may be carried out at these aerodromes by the designated services in accordance with the procedures provided for in Article 3.”

What exactly does Article 9 specify about customs? It is purely about immigration.

It is frustrating to see that the old pre-Schengen tasking between customs and immigration stays in many people’s heads, yet strictly speaking, in the Schengen context, there is NO connection between the two.

So in any case and even within the EU at times it is necessary to make sure whatever requirements are relaxed/tightened/reformulated as to what they actually point.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Malibuflyer wrote:

It is just a plan that states that the PIC might intend to be at a specific place at a specific time.
At least the customs offices in Germany receive flightplans, as they do show up sometimes at my German homebase, when airplanes arriving from the Netherlands. Just to check if there is any drugs on board.

Well… customs is not really intelligent… If I would smuggle drugs with me on an airplane, I would file a FPL to a random destination and land on a non-filed alternate.

Mooney_Driver wrote:
It is frustrating to see that the old pre-Schengen tasking between customs and immigration stays in many people’s heads, yet strictly speaking, in the Schengen context, there is NO connection between the two.
It makes it even more difficult, as in some countries, customs IS also responsible for immigration. In other countries, both tasks are strictly separated between two governmental bodies (e.g. federal police vs. customs).
Switzerland

Frans wrote:

If I would smuggle drugs with me on an airplane, I would file a FPL to a random destination and land on a non-filed alternate.

That would ring all the warning bells at customs…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Did I miss it before or has the French AIP added another word to the douaniers dectuon for ports of entry?
Now customs, immigration and “sanitaire”(health).
Is this the same in other countries?

France

Mooney_Driver wrote:

What exactly does Article 9 specify about customs? It is purely about immigration.
So in any case and even within the EU at times it is necessary to make sure whatever requirements are relaxed/tightened/reformulated as to what they actually point.

Well as this thread is about Shengen suspension Im not mentioning Customs requirements to/from Switzerland. I know they exist, Ive flown to/from EU to Switzerland and its a bit of a pain. The last time I flew Zurich-Limoge was before COVID, so finding someone to send the PN to was abit of a hassle, From the VAC, the numbers called were very much “gallic shrug”… We landed and wasted a good 30mins trying to get to the Douaniers who just werent interested…

Regards, SD..

Mooney_Driver wrote:

What exactly does Article 9 specify about customs? It is purely about immigration

Art9 talks about immigration & customs to non-PPF/non-PoE, in theory, you can fly non-PPF/non-PoE in France to/from Switzerland airfields (customs & immigration) but to use that concession you really need to know what you are doing: aircraft & goods are not subject to import/duty or customs clearances

It’s plain obvious if “marchandise (including aircraft)” needs customs clearance, you should go to airports with permanent customs or to those without permanent customs under PNR?

Same logic between Switzerland & France by airline or by car, you can:
- Take the green channel at airports; or
- Put the green sticker on your car
It does not mean your bags are not subject to inspection

https://www.france.fr/fr/avant-de-partir/douanes-et-visas

https://www.web-frontalier.com/guide-des-douanes-1

Last Edited by Ibra at 01 Dec 11:38
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message