Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Temporary Schengen "suspension" around Europe

As being a resident of 1 out of 2 major Greek sea-landing destinations,I can assure you that 50% of the flocks are not Syrians but Pakistanis,Afghanis,Somalis,Nigerians etc.On the way up ,the flock gets enrichened with Albanians and Bulgarian gypsies.Enjoy our-your future neighbors by watching the video of Kos jewel town being transformed into a nightmare.Small groups walking are fresh arrivals:

They now consist 30% of our population and 50% of Lesvos island.What a balance ! Rumor is that EVERYONE gains from this:
-The Paki-Afghan travel agencies offering safe and dream passage to EU via ungoverned Greece.
-Bodrum or Ayvalik raft makers,hoteliers,taxi drivers and traffickers.
-Sea mafia and pirates stripping Syrians from their possessions.
-Greek food markets , cheap B+B and traffickers.
-Balkan similar entrepreneurs.
-And cheap labor hunters at the end of the link in Central-North EU.

Schengen looks now as a parody. These situations wouldnt start if THEY let the Muslim local dictators hold a grip on the forces of hell,now being released with many faces.
Democracy is not for everyone./ (I dont want to touch other aspects).

LGGG

achimha wrote:

Dublin III says that a refugee has to be registered in the first EU country he/she sets foot in and then all other countries have the right to send him/her back to that country.

Yes, I know. But I don’t see how a collapse of the Dublin system means that “all refugees which flock into Europe would have to stay in the country they first entered.” Indeed, that is the case with the Dublin system (until they get residence permit, but then they can move freely within the EU – Schengen or no).

Not unless the Schengen treaty collapses at the same time. But I don’t think we have any signs of that yet. Germany’s border controls are entirely within the bounds of Schengen.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 14 Sep 08:34
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

what_next wrote:

It’s not just Syria. There are equally many asylum seekers coming to Germany from the Balkans (Serbia, Macedonia, Albania), Irak, Afghanistan and of course every second African country

Yes, but it’s the sheer amounts of Syrians that cause the problems now, the rest is “business as usual”.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

I think the Balkans stuff is new (at least the scale of it), piggybacking on the Syrians etc…

Interesting times….

Slovakia

I dont know but I ve heard that the Austrian President wants to punish the Eastern EU members for not taking their fair share of the burden. I think the taking on the burden with such fragile economies would be very interesting. Hungary has many more homeless people now than 5 yrs ago. They are homeless for a reason. Then there is the social tension; Hungary having been occupied by a Muslim country for a couple of hundred years,

The thing that makes the US work is that when people immigrate they figure out that its best to integrate or fit in. Most were from European back grounds so it was easier for that group. Less so for the Asians and the Blacks. Wanted to use the word, Negros, but even though that is technically correct havent heard it used in conversation lately. Of course wanting to be sensitive to political correctness Im explaining myself,
It might take a generation but it eventually happens. I have my doubts that that will happen in Europe, I take France as an example. Look at how well they integrated the North African communities. How long has that integration process been happening?

I think the European Union concept is in trouble if each countries politicians start squabbling with each other.

KHTO, LHTL

Thing is refugees and immigrants don’t want to go to E. Europe to begin with. A bunch of them stopped the train they were on when they realised it was headed to Romania instead of Vienna…

I would say they are pretty smart. Smarter than Austria’s President.

KHTO, LHTL

Of course, Europe finds itself having to deal with the effect rather than the cause.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Impact of plan to suspend Schengen for two years

Sorry if this has been discussed be4.
We had a first taste of this with the increased border controls and 24h notice at French airports after the Paris attacks.It has now been leaked that Schengen may be suspended for two years unless a way is soon found to effectively control immigration flows.
Unlike UK users, my experience with EU border controls is limited as most of my GA flying has been Schengen.
I have always considered it a huge advantage to be able to fly between different countries directly to and from non-border airports.
Some countries allow extra-Schengen flights when landing at non-border airports (UK GAR form…) but others, like Spain don’t, which would limit inter-country flights to border- (read mostly major-) airports.
I am trying to gauge the impact of the potential Schengen suspension to GA users.
What countries, allow GA flights between non-border airports, and what special procedures are required?
Surely UK and Swiss users are used to this so you know what the rest of us may soon find out.
Starting with the UK…last time I was there it was sufficient to file a GAR form some hours in advance of landing , is that still the case?
What about France, Germany and Italy?
Spain is currently a no no, but if there are several countries a`la UK we may be able to do some lobbying for something similar over here. Even if the threat does not materialize, this could be a chance for a positive outcome for GA.

Antonio

Antonio
LESB, Spain

This should never see the light of day…

I think UK is an exception.
In France you need to use a port of entry, which have been reduced due to the diminishing workload linked to Schengen….

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg
Sign in to add your message