Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Clouds in FlightPlanPro Profile

Where does info about clouds in FlightPlanPro come from?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Atari style graphics!

EGTK Oxford

Atari style graphics!

Reminds on old days

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I would think that it comes from the GFS model.

EDLE, Netherlands

FlightPlanPro uses NWX weather (navlost.eu) for its weather information. This service uses a straight download (twice per day) of the US GFS model.

As far as I am aware there are no changes to this data - it is just the base GFS data with no local modifications. This provides roughly 4 days forward models at 3 hourly intervals.

FlightPlanPro looks at your planned flight time and EOBT to decide which model will cover most closely the time of your flight. It then makes a request to NWX which takes a slice through the model following your course (so the weather is at the time shown in the lower right. The blue line is the forecast freezing level and the red line is the actual height above sea level (i.e. takes into account the temperature and pressure profile to convert a flight level to the actual vertical distance from sea level. )

EGTF

FlightPlanPro doesn't allow usage without RocketRoute account any more. I have free RR account and FPP states that's enough, however for some reason FPP registration doesn't work returning "RR acount expired" error. Has anyone tried FPP 0.19.7?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

FlightPlanPro doesn't allow usage without RocketRoute account any more.

I was wrong. It allows registration - you just must not enter RR password. Version 0.19.7 is a bugfix and RR account will be required from the next version on.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I am using 19.6 (for which I still have the installation executable) which updates itself with the navdata OK, and shows ~50 days left to run.

I'd be very concerned if FPP started to require the fully paid RR package. It would be yet another thing one has to pay a nontrivial amount for, when there are other free (but less convenient) ways to do it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message