Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EASA Basic IR (BIR) and conversions from it

Peter wrote:

Not easy since you can’t take photos and aren’t allowed to take a piece of paper out of the room, and anyway nobody bothers to appeal if they got a pass (nobody else’s troubles matter).

You don’t know if you’ve passed or not as you have to appeal on the spot. (Or, properly speaking, complain about a question.)

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 23 Aug 20:25
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

You can put comments on questions and appeal to CAA on the questions, they usually fix your score quickly, not sure if they fix the question for the next guy

Last Edited by Ibra at 23 Aug 20:28
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

One place bited the bullet already !

Last Edited by Ibra at 09 Sep 17:24

@ibra, would help if you either paste it as a text (so anyone can feed it to Google Translate) or if you attach the translation here. Thanks!

EGTR

Here you go,

J’ai le plaisir de vous annoncer que L’Aéroclub du Béarn (LFBP) a reçu ce matin (08/09/2021) l’approbation de notre programme de formation BIR (le jour même de la date du départ officiel de cette nouvelle qualification…)
Ce même jour les qualifications EIR et FN-IR n’existent plus….
Ceux qui étaient qualifiés FN-IR deviennent BIR avec des minimas relevés de 200 ft
Ceux qui étaient EIR ne peuvent plus voler en IFR et devront compléter leur formation pour devenir IR
L’institut Mermoz prévoit de débuter les premières formations théoriques (environ 110h de cours) à compter du mois de novembre et leurs manuels devraient être disponibles courant octobre
Notre programme approuvé BIR impose d’avoir obtenu le certificat théorique avant de pouvoir débuter la formation en vol du module associé
La compétence linguistique anglaise n’est pas requise pour la qualification BIR
La formation BIR est découpé en 3 modules théoriques et pratiques :
1. Vol aux instruments (VSV)
2. Procédures IFR (SID, STAR, Attente, Percées)
3. Navigation IFR
Avec cette nouvelle approbation, notre ATO reste en pointe sur les formations Pilote Privé (LAPL, PPL) et les qualifications associées (Vol de Nuit, CB-IR et BIR).

—-

I am pleased to announce that the Aéroclub du Béarn (LFBP) received this morning (08/09/2021) the approval of our BIR training program (the same day as the official departure date of this new qualification…)
That same day the EIR and FN-IR qualifications no longer exist ….
Those who were qualified FN-IR become BIR with minima raised of 200 ft
Those who were EIR can no longer fly IFR and will need to complete their training to become an IR
The Mermoz Institute plans to start the first theoretical training (around 110 hours of lessons) from November and their manuals should be available in October.
Our BIR approved program requires having obtained the theoretical certificate before being able to start the flight training of the associated module.
English language proficiency is not required for the BIR qualification
The BIR training is divided into 3 theoretical and practical modules:
1. Instrument flight (VSV)
2. IFR procedures (SID, STAR, Hold, Breakthroughs)
3. IFR navigation
With this new approval, our ATO remains at the forefront of Private Pilot training (LAPL, PPL) and associated qualifications (Night Flight, CB-IR and BIR).

Last Edited by Ibra at 09 Sep 17:32

Ibra wrote:

Those who were EIR can no longer fly IFR and will need to complete their training to become an IR

I’m not sure that is correct – I thought you just cannot get a new rating, but can continue flying if have it…

Great news. It IS being introduced!

EGTR

Maybe you are right, it probably means “you can’t grandfather it as BIR”

arj1 wrote:

Great news. It IS being introduced!

Yes, good news! Finally! Flight 4000 in Denmark will also provide this. They are using my books :)

FI, ATPL TKI and aviation writer
ENKJ, ENRK, Norway

I am interested in understanding how those syllabus look: ie amount of hours for theoretical training and the corresponding amount of flight/simulator training hours each phase command.

Furthermore, I am under the impression that the theoretical knowledge examination may be done inhouse within the ATO: is that correct?

cheers

Last Edited by lowandslow at 19 Dec 14:45

lowandslow wrote:

I am interested in understanding how those syllabus look: ie amount of hours for theoretical training and the corresponding amount of flight/simulator training hours each phase command.

Furthermore, I am under the impression that the theoretical knowledge examination may be done inhouse within the ATO: is that correct?

I am also curious about the rules regarding BIR theory exam; I guess it might vary per CAA, but do you need approval from an ATO to do the exam, can you selfstudy?
Also seems lots of people (and ATO’s) pushing to still do the CBIR theory exams, but besides an eventual CPL or ATPL route, I don’t see any advantage on it. Am I missing something?

EHLE, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message