Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Nice mountain flying video - western Alps

This is from a Youtube channel by a Swiss pilot from Yverdon, who is regularly producing some nice footage of the Western Alps.

He is flying the perfect aircraft for this, a DR400 Diesel – great visibility and good altitude performance.

This new video is of a flight from Yverdon to Sion, with some great scenic detours. I wouldn’t do this without oxygen, but they seem to cope fine.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

That’s a nice video. The visibility from the DR400 sees to be super. I’ve never flown one! Occasionally I flew an R3000 Robin, butthat’s pretty different.

Thanks for sharing! Only increases my Alpine yearning, though…

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Another beautiful one by Grégory Baer:

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

This has to be one of the best European mountain flying videos ever for a variety of reasons…enjoy!

Last Edited by Antonio at 30 Apr 09:09
Antonio
LESB, Spain

That video from Speedjojo is one of several fun videos. They are interesting for many reasons, the flying of course but there is also the camera positioning and use of a drone for air to air photography. With English subtitles on a few, some Brit pilots tell me they have found them useful for French phraseology for going into small French airfields.
IMO definitely worth looking up on YT

Last Edited by gallois at 30 Apr 09:48
France

gallois wrote:

IMO definitely worth looking up on YT

agreed, they have been showing up in my feed and I find them highly entertaining and educational. (in particular if you are familiar with the area)

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message