Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Turbo Commander

Speaking of that, what is the status of your Commander Adam?

I am sure many, including me, would love to get an update.

ESSZ, Sweden

Missed this.

2020 took a toll on all of us. I ferried her down to home base here in May. Uneventful flight and nice to be back in the air after 2 years! I’m now ferrying her to Arkansas to a turbine shop in July to exchange the 3rd turbine wheel (that was discovered to have been cycled out). After that it’s up to another shop to have the main wing de-ice boots installed, and after that she should be ready to go.

These two videos tells most of the story and updates:

Had her detailed when she got back. Paint is pretty bad and a little patchy, so it was mixed results, but it did bring back some shine to parts of it!

Great to see you back in the air Adam

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

…and a Youtube channel ! Woot !

EBST, Belgium

Adam very heart warming good to see your TC airborne again! For some reason there have been a couple of TC operating out of Oxford recently, am guessing flight level survey work.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Thanks!

Yes, seems TC’s are mainly used for survey work in Europe. A few here and there for personal aviation, I know of one that used to be Fairoaks-based (but is now in France) and there are one or two in Germany. Shame, they’re really well suited for European operations with their smaller/unimproved runway capabilities and good range.

Great to see that you are back at it!

ESSZ, Sweden

Clapclap! Getting closer @AdamFrisch! Thx for letting us onboard!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

A Turbo Commander 690 B crashed in Wisconsin today. Apparently climbed to somewhere like 15500 ft and then started a massive descent until impact.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/268163

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

A Turbo Commander 690 B crashed in Wisconsin today. Apparently climbed to somewhere like 15500 ft and then started a massive descent until impact.

Looks like it entered a spin. TC’s can drop a wing when stalling, so maybe they got caught off guard. Here’s a video of one wanting to go in that direction pretty quick, but wouldn’t call it a mean stall break:

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 03 Mar 21:37
Sign in to add your message