Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Insurance companies, premiums, exclusions, etc

“simply refused, quite a few due to “old age” with the limit being 70 apparently.”

£1,8## for £40,000 hull, LAA Permit,renewed late May. 2 named pilots, minimum 100 hours. I’m 80. Haywards. 2 years with no claims. We can add named pilots.

Last Edited by Maoraigh at 12 Jun 19:51
Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Hi, I discovered Visicover thanks to Euroga posts, and have been very happy with them in the last two years, but this year their premium raise is unacceptable to me: any suggestion for a cheap insurer for my RV7A? thanks

United Kingdom

For me Traffords were the cheapest (I have other insurance with them which might have affected the pricing); they were half the price of Visicover and Haywards. The next cheapest was Air Courtage (requires LAA membership).

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

The trouble with cheap is that you may wind up with someone like this …

I handed in the final invoice for a shock load inspection a month ago and no payment yet. Almost impossible to get any useful information from the broker other than the insurer is talking to the ‘expert’ because the amount is higher than the estimate (they knew this for months).

EIMH, Ireland

I’ve found one one of the reasons why Visicover is cheaper than most.

Tried to get cover for my son (fresh PPL) to get diff training done in the TB20. The instructor (probably a million hrs, a CPL/IR, a CAA FE, and current on type) would be PIC.

The extra premium is nearly £1000.

But, you can cancel the cover, and they credit the difference, but with 30 days added, so the de facto cheapest even for 1 flight is either 1/12 of the 1k or 2/12 of the 1k (not sure exactly).

With Haywards, I would just call them and they would say Yes of course, no charge.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Upon renewal of your insurance have you seen an increase in cost? What percentage?

My renewal is up 20% since last year.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

Did you tell them that you fly with an Alligator in the cockpit?

My insurance decreased because I changed insurance company. Previous few years was steady increase which ended in +50% in three years. Now I’m back where I was three years ago.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Slight decrease vs last year this year, my broker renegotiated because of 2 months no flying in the last 12 months because of COVID lockdown. Interesting enough the broker has moved to Ireland (though UK based) for European customers despite the plane being G-REG

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France
Sign in to add your message