Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

AIR BP fuel card

JetA in UK is sold untaxed but duty apply to private flights (unless training or international), it’s not a lot of money in DA40 but lot of paper hassle

The bill is steep after flights in JetProvosts, HMRC will chase the pilot names from tech logs for these it’s a good incentive to become an instructor!

Last Edited by Ibra at 25 May 11:11
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

JetA in UK is sold untaxed

Not always. Check the price at EGKA for example. This varies – one thread here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We set up an AirBP card for our group, with payment via direct debit (from a UK account) and it was used for the first time last month. The invoice arrived, marked as payment by direct debit, but AFAICT from our bank they never actually set up a direct debit with us. Payment day rolls around, no money is taken but the invoice is marked as “paid”. A few days later, AirBP’s system realises it hasn’t received any money from us, marks it “overdue” and starts emailing me daily reminders.

I’ve been trying to get in touch with them all week via email to explain that they need to actually set up the direct debit if they want to get paid, but no response received. I’ve tried [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected], from multiple addresses. I just vainly submitted a request via their contact form (last time I used the form, it took a month for a response).

I also can’t pay the invoice manually via bank transfer etc., despite looking in the myinvoice website – no “pay invoice” buttons that I can see.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Another group member is currently abroad in Europe and I’m getting a little worried they’ll cut off the card while he’s away.

I haven’t tried the 24/7 phone number yet as it’s in the UAE and very expensive to call – ultimately I will have to try it, but I suspect that it will take more than a phone call to resolve anyway…

Cheers

Last Edited by SteakAndAle at 17 Jun 18:44
EGSG, United Kingdom

This contact works

AIR BP have recently dumped my bank details because I did not use the card for about 3 years. The funny thing was that they replaced them with bank details which expired more than 10 years ago; an account long ago closed and that obviously didn’t work. The wonders of IT

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

SteakAndAle wrote:

I also can’t pay the invoice manually via bank transfer etc., despite looking in the myinvoice website – no “pay invoice” buttons that I can see.

Doesn’t the invoice contain a bank account number that you can pay into? Mine do (but then, I refused to setup direct debit because of their overbilling; I pay what was agreed and the dispute discussion happens while I have the disputed money, not they.)

ELLX

No, no bank information on it at all.

Peter – thanks, I’ll give that email a go 👍 (I’ve noticed that it appears on the PDF version of the invoice they sent me – but not anywhere online)

EGSG, United Kingdom

Take care phoning their helpline – it’s in the UAE! I got a £20 phone bill.

I finally got enough people cc’d on my case that they actually sorted it out. It took some effort because they don’t like to answer emails.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

I had a similar experience as “SteakAndAle” above. In my case, I did eventually have the Direct Debit taken from my bank account (circa £5000), however it took me around 30 days of emailing/calling to find anyone to reply, provide an actual invoice and fix the problem with my account which was setup incorrectly by their IT department.

They are the worst debacle of customer service I’ve encountered in the UK in the last 30yrs.

Their accounts side is abysmal, however their operations (actually getting fuel at locations) is prompt and 24/7 available which is the Dubai number noted above and details below:

24/7 Service (Global Desk)
+971 5 04536032
[email protected]

The email, for accounts, is as noted above [email protected]

Last Edited by HeliPilot at 18 Jun 16:29
United Kingdom

Prompt replies from the aforementioned collections email address mentioned above today, happy days. I guess in future I know not to bother with the generic airbp@bp emails!

EGSG, United Kingdom

Good luck trying to find out what you pay at an airport before you get the invoice. No one will tell you. After many emails with my “account manager” I received a spreadsheet with prices, it it makes no sense at all no matter which way I look at it. I can try posting a copy here if anyone wants to try decoding it!

United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message