Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GA jobs at your local airfield

Hi,

I’ve been checking out this forum for quite a while, but now I finally had to make an account as I have a question of my own.

I’m a (relatively) young EASA frozen ATPL holder and I find myself currently in a situation where I have free 3-4 summer months ahead of me before I start my type-rating in autumn. I’m really passionate about GA and I love chartering a nice C172 on my off days, but I just cannot afford this anymore and I’d be more than willing to fly either in skydiving operations or panoramic flights anywhere in EASA-land – basically to put my CPL to good use and keep my flying skills.

My question then would be whether any of you know of a small company or a flying club at your local airfield operating SEP or MEP aircraft for commercial purposes that I could possibly reach out to. Honestly, I’m getting a bit tired of blindly sending e-mails and I have few real-life connections, but I’m really determined to find a way that would keep me in the air for a bit longer- even by asking for help on this forum :)

I’ve mostly been checking out Austria and Germany as I speak German (and did my training there), but with little to no luck so far. Any help is highly appreciated!

Croatia

Hi Notapilot,
Probably an FI rating would help – however I have no experience to tell how hard is to get a job as an FI. I saw some ads for FI’s in Europe before.
For that short period it wouldn’t make sense, but as an investment for a long run might make.

LHFM, LHTL, Hungary

Wish you best of luck,
that is my only possible comment…

PS do not waste your time in the 9A, no decent GA job available at all.

Last Edited by 9A_LDSH at 30 May 15:57
Croatia

well, probably a bit late since my best guess is that the position has been filled for 23, but at the beginning of each season the flight school on my field is looking for a tow pilot. Though not highly paid, the one doing this is getting a few hundred hours a season, and plenty of landings

If still interested, shoot them a mail at [email protected]

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

robirdus wrote:

Probably an FI rating would help – however I have no experience to tell how hard is to get a job as an FI. I saw some ads for FI’s in Europe before.
For that short period it wouldn’t make sense, but as an investment for a long run might make.

Thank you for the suggestion. There are indeed a lot of FI jobs available, but unfortunately I do not have the rating yet. I tried to get support from the state and the local university, but with no success. I will however eventually get it as I do agree that it’s a great long-term investment – at least skill-wise.

Croatia

cessnatraveller wrote:

May be this is interesting for you

Thank you for the provided links. Susi Air unfortunately has a bonding and I’m below the hour requirement for the African company. I applied to similar positions in Namibia and Botswana, but I’ve been told most African state CAAs do not grant license conversion for pilots below 300h TT – hence why this requirement exists. Thank you anyways.

Croatia

9A_LDSH wrote:

PS do not waste your time in the 9A, no decent GA job available at all.

The time has unfortunately already been wasted. My friends and family cannnot even comprehend the fact that I reached out to every single company in 9A and that there are none left haha. I really wouldn’t mind dropping skydivers in LDSH with Mr. Ekić though :)

Croatia

Dan wrote:

at the beginning of each season the flight school on my field is looking for a tow pilot.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I don’t possess a tow rating (btw where does one even get a sailplane tow rating?) and the Swiss visa quota for Croatian citizens for 2023 has already been filled. Oh well, the search continues :)

Croatia

Notapilot wrote:

There are indeed a lot of FI jobs available, but unfortunately I do not have the rating yet.

I have two suggestions for you:
1. Skydive Croatia https://www.skydivecroatia.com – they often jump at LDVA
2. Air Action https://airaction.net – they do panoramic flights at LDZD and looking for CPL rated pilot

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message