Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Video on uncontrolled IFR in Sweden

They are for attaching these O2 cannula alternatives, I think they are called Oxy arm or something like that. We bought them a couple of years ago but were never too happy with them. We changed back to normal cannulas, but the knobs on the headsets remained…

EDFM, Germany

I don’t think those headset-attached cannulas achieve anywhere near enough oxygen in the blood. One needs something to go into the nose

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

if you’ve booked your PPR to, say, EGMC, then they will allow you to enter CTR and proceed with IAP, so that covers 5, and then 3 to some degree.

Well, maybe, but I’d still like to know whether Sweden provides the specific service levels I posted. To start with, can you just file a FP and fly, under an IFR clearance, with no need to get enroute notams re prohibited airspace? Maybe you can in Sweden but for sure that is going to be extremely rare elsewhere. That normally works only in CAS.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I don’t think those headset-attached cannulas achieve anywhere near enough oxygen in the blood. One needs something to go into the nose

It does go into the nose, and it works, but it felt less comfortable than the standard cannulas.

EDFM, Germany

MichaLSA wrote:

Just came into my mind: which countries did define IFR procedures for airfields in Class G?

Most of the small fields operated by Widerøe are IFR with procedures and all, in G. They do have a tower though (or remote tower), with an AFIS officer. They are uncontrolled, but not unmanned. Also there are separate helicopter IFR routes in G, mostly used by the air ambulance. Not sure if their landing sites are also IFR, I think so, and they are of course unmanned.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

AFAIK, all IFR AFIS airfields are in Golf, this is the case everywhere starting with Germany. The same as in Sweden, France, UK, Scotland, Norway, Sirilanka, Zimbabwee…

I am not sure there are that many IFR airports with AFIS and Delta/Charlie CTR? (like Toulouse-Francazal LFBF)

Last Edited by Ibra at 10 Mar 12:50
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Finally watched the video. Not disappointed !
Always a great team flying RM !

LFOU, France
37 Posts
Sign in to add your message