Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lowest temperature you have flown in?

arj1 wrote:

How did you get to FL250 in an uncertified?

my take is good aerodynamics and a strong engine.
IFR vs VFR regime, or as a matter of fact certified vs non-, doesn’t have an effect on aircraft performance, notwithstanding the general opinion of this respectable forum

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Dan wrote:

notwithstanding the general opinion of this respectable forum

I don’t think @arj1 was pointing to this, it’s just that max allowable VFR cruising level should be FL195.

SERA.5005 (d) (2). However exceptions exist.

Last Edited by UdoR at 08 Mar 16:54
Germany

UdoR wrote:

Dan wrote: notwithstanding the general opinion of this respectable forum

I don’t think arj1 was pointing to this, it’s just that max allowable VFR cruising level should be FL195.

SERA.5005 (d) (2). However exceptions exist.

Yes, that was the question. So you’ve raised an exception? Got it.

EGTR

Guys, please remember this.

This thread is about lowest OAT seen, not whether something was illegal. Too many times I’ve had to delete posts.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@arj1 wrote:

How did you get to FL250 in an uncertified? Or were you flying IFR?

Simple answer: I got a clearance

COMMISSION REGULATION (EC) No 730/2006 of 11 May 2006 on airspace classification and access of flights operated under visual flight rules above flight level 195

Article 4 (Access of VFR flights above flight level 195):
In airspace above flight level 195 Member States may establish an airspace reservation, where practical, in which VFR flights may be allowed.
In airspace above flight level 195, up to and including flight level 285, VFR flights may also be authorised by the responsible air traffic services unit in accordance with the authorisation procedures established and published by Member States in the relevant aeronautical information publication.

EDLE

Peter wrote:

This thread is about lowest OAT seen

This was todays Ogimet, has anyone seen the tropopause so low ?

United Kingdom
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message