Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying from Montpellier LFMT to Turino LIMF

Looking for advice on the best route from around Montpellier to Turin airport in a Flight design CTLS (LSA). Was considering going through the Durance valley but not sure how doable it is..

Portugal
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thank you!

Portugal

The problem with the Durance valley is that (like all valleys, at least in the mountains) at some point it stops being a valley. And then you have to cross serious mountains. Even though the coastal route is significantly longer it will be a lot more comfortable.

LFMD, France

Hi John,

I ready your post of flying the coastal route and it sounds like you are not doing it again…..

Portugal

That’s true. But you can do the northerly version. At one point you have to be at 5000 feet or more, so it doesn’t work on a cloudy day. It takes you just to the north of the Nice surface zone, then drops you down off the coast. I don’t have the detailed chart in front of me but you fly it as a series of waypoints. You have to be a bit careful to fly the corridor between R83 (Mt Agel) and Monaco, which is quite narrow.

Also you need to be careful of lots of military airspace in the “bulge” of Italy to the SW of Torino.

LFMD, France

Thank you! I appreciate the time!

Portugal
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message