Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip to LaBaule (LFRE) and Quiberon (LFEQ) on bastille day

France goes on holiday on Bastille week-end and flying was very restricted near Paris & Co but we always managed to sneak away to LaBaule and area every year, this year with more challenges: hot weather and 4pob !

We departed from Rouen midday on quick 1h30min flight, lot of logistics in “packing stuff” (mostly food, nappies and beach gear), Rouen ATC lost my IFR FPL after load of delay, slot, freeze, slot: Deaville TMA was disactivated and the ATC in charged told me last week he is going to the beach on “14th of July week”, anyway, let’s go VFR, we had the same story on return but managed to hack around it

The arrival at LaBaule was busy, para, microlight, robins…AFIS was doing great job, I am still begging to get a ride in a similar jet to the one parked, impressive to fit it at MTOW in 900m on hot days

LaBaule now has é-bike for rentals but we were very loaded, we were disappointed the regular bus to Pouligen was not running around (it avoids pulling car seats from aircraft but we end up calling family for car pick up)

Next day we departed to Quiberon, at 2000LT the sun was still giving, we stayed near airport within 650m walking distance to the sea front, the hotel was not very welcoming but they were packed with tourists and we were the last guys before all the rooms were filled

Regular 30min bus to tour around the town but much things were done other than lying on the beach but it was the purpose of the trip

- Plage de Porigo: nice port nearby and airmans can use seamans private showers in Port-Haliguen (code is 2712*)
- Plage de l’aérodrome: nice views of aircraft arrivals but no showers other than walking to airport

On departure, I opted for one local flight to “cool of the aircraft” that was sitting under 35C degrees and do the lengthy checks before coming for quick pick up of +2pob and match my new filed departure time

Showers at the port,

New mode of green transport,

After landing at Rouen, LeVert Bocage takeaway or get something from this?

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 Jul 22:06
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ooooh that does look nice

Thanks for the photos Ibra

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

The most loaded Mooney ever !

Glad you had a good time.

LFOU, France

Yes we were very loaded, on 3 blades, Mooney does great for the MTOW takeoff but you pay -5kts on fast cruise for it (I go slow at 125KIAS deep LOP, so it does not bother me much), we left aircraft in Dreux on July 10th as Toussus had load of restrictions during Bastille week, I had to fly it 1pob to Rouen before loading it on July 14th and there was no way it could have gone out of Dreux 700m grass at MTOW in 35C, however, the 700m in Quiberon at MTOW with 35C was OK

Last Edited by Ibra at 19 Jul 16:48
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message