Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Direct flight from Ireland to the Channel Islands without having landed in England first is forbidden (due to a dog)

From here

Why is this not allowed?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Because of the dog. Ireland to the Channel Islands direct without a dog is okay, but with dog Ireland to the CI is not approved for a direct. Don’t ask why – it‘s a wired thing!

EDDS , Germany

Change thread title to „…with animals“, perhaps?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Only cats, dogs & pets? I think birds & fish can go straight no stop !

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@eddspeter this can be relevant.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This link might help: Channel Islands.

EDDS , Germany

Hi Peter,

I found that link really helpful. Speaking of Ireland, here’s another one people might want to check out: the UK Non-Commercial Movement of Pet Animals Order 2011. You can find it here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2011/2883/made. I think Article 11 is particularly relevant. It states that a carrier who transports a pet animal covered by Article 5 or 8 of the Pets Regulation into Great Britain must be approved by the appropriate authority. However, approval isn’t necessary if the movement is from the Republic of Ireland. Legislation concerning matters like this, especially regarding flying your own pet in your private jet and the associated conditions, can be quite complex. It’s good to have discussions about it.

United Kingdom
EGSU, United Kingdom
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message