Banner
Welcome to our forums

VFR flightplans lost in the system

SD use EuroFPL to file flight plans.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

GrahamG wrote:

As usual Texel were a great example of how an airfield should be run

Good to see that you can still fly UK-Texel (AIP says, immigration: NO, customs: AD hours)
I am looking to join the August Texel fly-in from North Weald

Code is EGSX, so less fuss with Dutch ARO/AIS

Last Edited by Ibra at 20 Jun 07:55
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Good to see that you can still fly UK-Texel (AIP says, immigration: NO, customs: AD hours)

So long as it lasts. What I didn’t mention was that when I got to Norway, Norwegian customs were very interested in how I had got into Schengen without passing through passport control. I think there’s a significant risk that passport stamping will be made compulsory at the small airfields in NL.In the case of Texel that means a 2Hr boat trip from the mainland, during which you have to hang out in the control tower waiting for them. I doubt Dutch customs are going to set up a permanent presence when the alternative is just to route the traffic to big expensive airports instead.

At least I’ve got a rubber boat in the plane, so getting back to UK via Dover shouldn’t be a problem.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

I am less worried about passports & stamps, I can always show the right one (and worst case for my pax: rubber boat as you say should work just fine)

It’s getting aircraft confiscated or paying 25% on it’s market value that keeps me awake at night

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I think there’s a significant risk that passport stamping will be made compulsory at the small airfields in NL

That would only shut down extra-schengen access even more than at present, and airfields on the mainland losing yet more business. There are already issues like this. France is already largely closed to such traffic, with predictable results.

I don’t think anybody wanted to embark on this exercise

Anyway, this is thankfully not related to flight plans at all…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message