Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Avgas heaven

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yesterday in Belgrade (LYBE): 1.13 EUR (1.5 USD) per liter of Avgas

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Isn't this the Redbird publicity deal (somewhere in Texas), where they sell 100LL for a buck during one month?

It is per gallon isn't ist?

United Kingdom

Yes, Markus, that's it. The price is per US gallon. All october. You can buy up to 200 gallons a day. People are reporting waiting times of between 30 and 60 minutes. If I had a DC3, I'd sure take the wait...

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Enlighten me:-

No. 02 says 1.13 EUR per litre

No. 05 says "the price is for a US gallon" = 3.8 litre = 1.13 EUR

What currency is the 0.9999 ?

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

It's a short term promotion in the US, apparently designed to determine price elasticity for 100LL, or so I read.

The promotional 100LL price is $0.999/USG or 0.195 Euro/liter. The normal US price currently would be between $5.50 and $6.50/USG or between 1.07 and 1.25 Euro/liter.

Market prices at the US pump for both avgas and auto fuel have hovered at around 1/2 European pump prices for as long as I've been keeping track, or about 15 years.

No. 02 says 1.13 EUR per litre

I wrote "Belgrade" which is in Serbia not in US

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

They seem to be everywhere

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I bought fuel in Guernsey in the Channel Islands at ASG and as everyone knows it's duty and VAT free. At least I think it's duty free, not actually sure now I say this. However, my point is this, if you are flying abroad from say the UK and you operate your aircraft through a VAT registered company then you can claim both the VAT and Duty back. If I fill up today in the Isle of Man the fuel will cost me £1.62 per litre plus VAT. Duty is £0.32ppl so the net price for me for fuel on an international flight for business is £1.30 per litre. Guernsey is dearer on this specific case but I always make sure if I'm setting off south and international that my plane leaves the UK full, 440l in my case, and is refilled in Guernsey for onwards.

EGNS/Garey Airstrip, Isle of Man
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message