Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Renting/Flight with FI east of Paris

Hi,

quick question: As I will be staying east of Paris with my family for the coming days (Disneyland for the girls…) I was wondering if on 12th may I could have a flight, ideally with a local FI, to get a little accustomed to flying in France. I found out the Aeroclub paris would be very close to where I am staying, but it looks one has to join the club to fly with them. I wouldn’t mind flying with a Robin or PA28 either. Let me know if you know somebody in that area :)

Thanks
Lukas

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

AFAIK, the need to join the club, except for a one-time “discovery flight” of a limited duration, is a rule “imposed” on all French clubs that are member of the federation of aeroclubs, and their standard nation-wide “group negotiated” insurance.

Your best bet is to find a commercial flying school, and hope they have the flexibility to do the kind of things you want.

ELLX

Yes “discovery flight” would be one way to do it in FFA aeroclubs without joining (ideally with an instructor), I used to fly at Lognes before moving west, you can try ParisAero or Aigle St-Maur?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Try a ‘Vol d’initiation’ for a flight with an instructor on which you will be able to take the controls. You do not need to join the club or the FFA for this.
The ‘Vol découverte’ is what we used to call a baptême and is normally 20mins max 30 with a PPL member of the club who must have completed 25hours in the last 12 months.
It is just an tourist flight and you probably would not be able to take the controls.
Alternatively ask at the club if there is anyone willing to cost share. You would not need to join the club for this but there may be some restrictions.
What will be your nearest airfield to where you are staying?

France

Thanks gallois, I inverted the namings (lost in translation )

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@gallois it would be either Lognes Emerainville, or Meaux Esbly. I got a decent offer for the tasting flight for now, lets see

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

AFAIK the aeroclub Aigle de St Maur at Lognes has a pretty good fleet of Robin’s and an Archer which were the aircraft you mentioned in your original post and they are said to be very friendly and helpful. Or at least that’s what my chum who used to be a member says. But he has been here for some while now so his info is not current.
I don’t know anyone with experience of the Aeroclub d’Esbly at Meaux. But I think they have a Cessna 152 and a 172 but I might be well out of date. IIRC their instructors were benevolent (volunteers) like ours but .normally double command costs about €20 more than solo to pay for their expenses such as insurance.

France
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message