Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Schleissheim - EDNX

And don’t forget the flying taxis which they love over there!

EDQH, Germany

It seems I still have lots to learn about the Munich area !

LFLG - Grenoble le Versoud, France

EDNX has a limitation of only 500 landings for non-based aircraft every year, starting from April. I’ve been there once, as I needed to visit the city for work. The people there were quite friendly (typical Bavarian) and I was able to get some Mogas (they sell Avgas too). The next train station is still approx 20-30 minutes walk. The PPR-limit is mostly reached by September. You can however apply in April already for the entire year.

The Flugleiter back than told me that the limitation was a result of an old deal with local residents, so a court didn’t need to make a final decision. Looking back, they said it was quite a poor decision as they can’t fight against this binding “deal”. If the court had made a decision, they had the chance to fight against it on a higher level (with quite good chances for winning the case). “Hinterher ist man immer schlauer” (“You are always smarter afterwards”) were the final words of the Flugleiter on this topic.

It’s indeed the case that Munich is just unfriendly against small GA, above 2t there is EDMO and EDDM. If EDNX doesn’t approve your PPR, there aren’t many other realistic options. EDML (Landshut) or EDPI (Moosburg) might be considerable, or even EDMA (Augsburg) with a non-stop train connection to Munich. EDMD (Dachau) is not quite worth it, they are only available on weekends with good weather. It’s a typical glider club airfield.

Last Edited by Frans at 03 Jan 08:46
Switzerland

Thanks for these informations ; I forward them to my friend and won’t forget to apply in April.
Michel

LFLG - Grenoble le Versoud, France

Frans wrote:

EDNX has a limitation of only 500 landings for non-based aircraft every year, starting from April.

Yep, that one caught me out a few years ago when I wanted to fly there end of March thinking, ah well, I am early in the year. Ooops. Fancy that some people should think the year starts April 1st. Unfortunately that 500 movements is not an April-fool story…

I ended up flying to Augsburg. While I was picked up and driven to Oberschleissheim (I had the meeting right at the airport, which was really a bit of Kafka’s vision having to land that far away) I hear going to the center is possible by bus (about 20 minutes) and from there trains are available to Munich. All in all it takes about 1-15 to 1-30 to the center of Munich by bus and train.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I have been to Oberschleissheim couple of time in the recent years and never had a problem with the PPR. Perhaps I’m just lucky…

Germany

Malibuflyer wrote:

Perhaps I’m just lucky…

Or you’ve read the docs properly :)

Actually not many get slots denied if they ask early enough. And probably most people have erased EDNX out of their concience because of this and don’t bother, so there are more movements for those who do.

I asked once while I was at the Museum and they said that in general, the allowed movements are usually finished by the end of August, latest September.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message