Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Rules for flying cross border to UK private strips

The toilet requirement is interesting. That could cost many thousands because you need a cesspit / septic tank.

This is quite ridiculous because the “border force” need to pee and poo when driving anywhere else, so they have to be able to drop into a garage or whatever…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Buckerfan wrote:

Can you also please confirm if there are provision of facilities specifically toilets and car parking spaces for BF as this is a requirement

Just install an Aussie style “Dunnie”. It complies with the requirement but they’ll certainly be unlikely to use it!

Forever learning
EGTB

Yes, it is completely ridiculous. In the eight years we have been there, flying in from EU at least 15 times a year, they have never actually come there to greet an arriving aircraft. Its just ticking boxes.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Buckerfan wrote:

For those who also have applications in, here is the latest communication from the National Frontiers Approvals Unit regarding my application for CoA status for our airstrip.

I am assuming the ‘field persons’ have visited in the past and were happy everything?
It seems you are bothering them the ‘chair persons’ and to push back on their delays they are invented new requirement

What next, did they say if 1×UNIT of ‘gender neutral facility’ will not suffice?

Last Edited by Ibra at 17 Mar 14:48
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Update.

Today I finally received the Certificate of Agreement for our airstrip here in England. This allows us to continue to fly directly into the home airstrip from outside the UK, with the proviso that we have to file a GAR by the relevant pre-flight deadline and obey a few procedural rules.

It took just over 2 years from the date of my initial application.

For those who are still thinking of doing this, Border Force very much assumes that applicants will be companies, with corporate officers, procedures manuals and various physical facilities. When faced with an individual owner with just a grass strip and a shed, and a google map of the site with hand drawn notations they seemed a bit baffled, but it did finally work. So don’t hesitate to apply.

and obey a few procedural rules

what are they?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Things like keep record of movements, provide suitable place for Border Force officials to do searches of luggage and persons, parking place and toilet, provide info when requested, and provide opening hours.

To be honest, the 15 page document is so poorly drafted it is hard at times to understand what they mean.

27 Posts
Sign in to add your message