Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

INTL tag in AIP AD 1.3 - a definitive list of airports with customs and immigration?

This was mentioned here as indicating “international” airports, or ports of entry.

Is this a common thing? For the UK, I can’t find any such tag. France publishes ports of entry in a separate government list, or maybe the EU does? Many URLs have been posted over the years.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No offers on this one

Administrator

Croatia publishes this info in AIP.
LD_AD_1_3_en_2021_04_22_pdf

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Maybe nobody understands the question.

Every country in Europe has a section AD 1.3 in its respective AIP, which denotes International/National for every airport.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Peter wrote:

This was mentioned here as indicating “international” airports, or ports of entry.

Is this a common thing? For the UK, I can’t find any such tag.

It is there:

https://www.aurora.nats.co.uk/htmlAIP/Publications/2021-09-09-AIRAC/html/eAIP/EG-AD-1.3-en-GB.html#AD-1.3
local copy

Hm, “Elstree International?” :)

EGTR

Interesting. I never knew that stuff was out there.

I guess, for the UK, somebody went through the list to relate each one with the list of aerodromes which have the GAR option, because that is the only thing in the UK which determines NTL v. INTL. However, I am amazed that Kemble is listed as NTL only. Can’t one fly there from abroad, with the GAR form as usual?

For other countries, the INTL tag must be a condensation of loads of other stuff. INTL should mean Customs and Immigration, so the lists mentioned e.g. here must be applied, with any changes mentioned here. Then there is France; we’ve had so many threads on whether there is a definitive list of French airports with immigration etc… no mention of a supposedly definitive list in AIP 1.3 ever came up. I will change the thread subject a bit.

To use modern corporate BS terminology, somebody must “own” the AIP 1.3 list and make sure it is always current, versus the many changes with police attendance, schengen suspensions, etc. Of course, with the proviso that anything in between the 28-day AIRAC cycles is supposed to be notamed.

Sounds too good to be true

Administrator

arj1 wrote:

Hm, “Elstree International?” :)

Yikes, still disappointed it is listed as VFR, I landed there IFR once and got an MOR by the now retired AFIS (I know you can’t taxi under IFR as they control the ground but no one could tell me when IFR to/from Elstree start/stop while one is airborne), CAA never come back after I explained it’s “not his business” (besides I flew overhead join & circuit before final), back then my impression was at 1ft agl one is ok to transit VFR/IFR or IFR/VFR and vice-versa, I think I understand this better now

Peter wrote:

I guess, for the UK, somebody went through the list to relate each one with the list of aerodromes which have the GAR option, because that is the only thing in the UK which determines NTL v. INTL. However, I am amazed that Kemble is listed as NTL only. Can’t one fly there from abroad, with the GAR form as usual?

Maybe one need to think about UK airports that you can use to fly from USA? rather than CTA or EU?
INTL tag could mean anything

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Sep 09:03
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Same thing, surely? The GAR form works for the whole lot.

However I am more interested in whether this list is actually meaningful for mainland Europe. It would take some diligence to keep it accurate.

Administrator

somebody must “own” the AIP 1.3 list and make sure it is always current, versus the many changes with police attendance, schengen suspensions, etc.

It’s updated regularly and published on EAD web site.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

Same thing, surely? The GAR form works for the whole lot.

For designated airports (DA), yes any departure/destination

For certificate of agreement airports (CoA), it depends on what is written on their papers? I am not sure you can do Florida to North Weald? or Zimbabwe to Shoreham? but you can fly Tangier to Stapleford

For other small grass airfields(not CoA/not DA), yes just submit GAR even from Katmandu (for now until June2022 after that no idea)

With the amount of airliners in Kemble, I am not surprised that NTL in AD1.3 is wrong, it’s even approved for “B747 imports from China”

GAR guidance

local copy

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Sep 09:21
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message