Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aerial photography illegal - Yes/No, country AIP?

What are they? Mig-19?

No idea… whatever Albania had under Hoxha. I doubt they were flyable during most of their time there.

once in a while the lab has called law enforcement because they found illegal pictures have gone

I am sure a lab would still do that, but obviously nowadays almost nobody uses a “lab”. Well, Gary Glitter did but then he was one of dumbest rockers

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

robirdus wrote:

What are they? Mig-19?

Probably: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanian_Air_Force

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Interesting, Chineese copies of Mig-19, it seems to me.
As said in Russian, they have a “zoo”, when it comes to Air Force.

LHFM, LHTL, Hungary

Sorry, that was a very short post

I found it interesting too. I wouldn’t want to be in charge of a Mig-based airforce post-USSR without jet fuel or manufacturer support from China. Apparently the fleet is slowly being auctioned, and has been replaced with 19 helicopters.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

The Migs and the Albanian airport were so top secret that they took up half an episode of a tv series called “Abandoned Engineering” a few years back. It was a UK production and might still be available on something like “Yesterday”

France

Yeah but you would prob99 have been shot if you were in Albania, say 1970, and took the pics.

Like I said, it depends on who is bothered and what resources they have.

The “Barbra” Streisand thing is one aspect of legal bullying: if you throw a lot of money at a lawyer, with instructions to cause somebody maximum harrassment, that usually works because the other side cannot afford the defence. This works in every country, and always will.

Administrator

“This works in every country, and always will.”
Afghanistan? Mexico (at least some parts)? Saudi Arabia? Etc. :-)

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

I think that on my way back from Kithira I will ask for a flyover of Kalamata airbase for photos. I will post the response here

(only kidding)

Administrator

The “Barbra” Streisand thing is one aspect of legal bullying: if you throw a lot of money at a lawyer, with instructions to cause somebody maximum harrassment, that usually works because the other side cannot afford the defence. This works in every country, and always will.

The reason it failed in this case is that she picked on someone who also had deep pockets and took a strong stand on the principle of NOT being intimidated. For me the funniest part was that it resulted in a thousand-fold increase in the number of people looking at the specific picture she was complaining about.

LFMD, France

@Johnh wrote: “For me the funniest part was that it resulted in a thousand-fold increase in the number of people looking at the specific picture she was complaining about.”

Agreed. I believe its now called the Streisand effect, or something like that🙂

France
Sign in to add your message