Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Youngest woman around the world (Zara Rutherford)

Wow you don’t get a PhD for nothing these days

Did you know that, every day, the world’s oldest person dies.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Her father has organised several group flights, e.g. to Africa, South tip, and South America. It seems to be his business, supporting such flights. He has transatlantic SEP experience.
Undoubtedly she will be flying alone – he criticised an older “solo” pilot who had an experienced and highly qualified “passenger”.(Other ppforum, some time ago.)

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

he criticised an older “solo” pilot who had an experienced and highly qualified “passenger”.

Well, there was a widely publicised bust-up between him and her You never know what really happened there, when everybody is blaming the other side.

He has transatlantic SEP experience.

He does indeed

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Did you know that, every day, the world’s oldest person dies.

Are you sure? every single day?

Statistics has lots of odd things. If you manage to live to your life expectancy, 82 years or something, then you can except (statistically) to live another 10 years

Makes me wonder what the “life expectancy” of young women flying around the globe is. I guess we will find out. It will either be infinite or zero. Or she could just quit, and we will not know for a while, until the next one tries.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Let her fly and do her thing. Each one does fly in her/her own way. Even if her dad supports her all the way with the logistics, it still is a challenge coping with ATC, weather etc and airspace differences around the world. It is a great experience for her. Hats off.

EDLE, Netherlands

My interest was piqued, so I found this:

Fred Lasby
In 1994, Fred Lasby, a longtime resident of Oliver, was 82 years old when he entered into the Guinness Book of World Records as the oldest person to fly around the world solo.

Safe flights, Sam.

Sam_Rutherford wrote:

In 1994, Fred Lasby, a longtime resident of Oliver, was 82 years old when he entered into the Guinness Book of World Records as the oldest person to fly around the world solo.

Amazing. Clearly there is an open slot for the oldest woman flying around the world

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

And obviously the youngest/oldest transgender person to fly around the world

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

It won’t be long before the youngest/oldest NON-transgender person will have a go

Administrator

I don’t quite get the negativity. So what if someone else is arranging everything, it’s still a big deal for someone of this age (or any age, really) to do a circumnavigation, solo, in a light aircraft.

Maybe that Travis Ludlow character didn’t help himself by wearing epaulettes and having a C172 stuffed to the gills with iPads but given how many PPLs get concerned about venturing beyond their own ATZ, it’s still quite impressive.

Pilot forums seem to breed a certain attitude, generally stemming from jealousy, and it’s quite unpleasant at times.

Last Edited by IO390 at 12 Sep 09:07
United Kingdom
This thread is locked. This means you can't add a response.
Sign in to add your message