Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Youngest woman around the world (Zara Rutherford)

Following the youngest pilot around the world there is this

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The choice of UL/LSA aircraft is rather interesting, will it be IFR ATW? or VFR ATW?

Shark aircraft performance is atonishing 300KPH on 100HP with 15LPH

All the luck !

Last Edited by Ibra at 27 Jul 13:11
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I’m assuming the Rotax 912 ULS (normally aspirated) engine is installed, and then you might be a little optimistic on the speed. I reckon 240-250 km/h on 15 l/hr would be what she’d get. Not bad of course.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Peter wrote:

there is this

This article is so stupid that it hurts to read it.

Leeching the crash for publicity isn’t my cup of tea as well.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 28 Jul 06:57
always learning
LO__, Austria

Why can’t these people instead become flat-earthers

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Shark is a very sleek design, tandem seating. I find the 270 km/h reasonable, but maybe not on 15l/h, more like 20l/h. But I have no data. The Rotax is very reliable, and flying that tour with a microlight (if law-related matter is all solved) seems just easy. Besides that payload and range is not very well.

I do like tandem seaters. But I have a beautiful wife, who loves flying, and therefore would not invest the asked price here, where I can’t see her anymore. Maybe one thing or the other changes in the next decades

I do not understand the reasoning for these kind of races, but I wish her all the look to survive it.

Edit: This was autocorrection of my mobile device. Of course I wish her luck, and not, that she needs her looks to survive it. At times the autocorrection does funny things, and this one is interesting.

Last Edited by UdoR at 28 Jul 13:47
Germany

UdoR wrote:

I do not understand the reasoning for these kind of races, but I wish her all the look to survive it.

The sailing community is now actively hostile to these youngest solo circumnavigator attempts.

As has been mentioned before, flying around the world (these days) is purely an exercise in funding and administration. There is no great difficulty or achievement in simply doing an awful lot of flying over a particular period of time.

EGLM & EGTN

I see it’s an ULM en F. Are there any benefits to F-reg over any other? There are some pretty long legs if you want to stay in France:

De toute façon, bon courage

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

@Capitane, you have taught me something new… about Saint Pierre and Miguelon. Two tiny islands off the Canadian coast owned by France, “the only remaining vestige of French sovereignty in North America”. If you look on Google Street View the cars have French license plates. It must be a very remote life in several senses.

They do have an airport!

Last Edited by Silvaire at 28 Jul 15:05

To fly an F-reg she must have moved her papers to EASA

But flying a “Permit” plane is going to be a massive challenge because most of the countries involved will need to be contacted for a permission. Maybe she or her organisers don’t know this (or don’t care). The record breaking flights in the Mew Gull or similar types many years ago were done in an era when nobody cared, and the recent record breaking flights in these or similar types were done with a UK CAA approval for IFR and with an informal understanding that no IFR flight plans will be filed in Eurocontrol airspace. But also those flights had very few stops e.g. the UK to S Africa ones had just one fuel stop in the middle of Africa.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
190 Posts
This thread is locked. This means you can't add a response.
Sign in to add your message