Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck will be phased out in one year from now, and AIP charts versus Jeppesen charts

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Does that mean the old jeppview software won’t work either? In that case I am gone too.

Jeppesen hasn’t said anything about that. I’m sure that corporate customers with an ops department demand some way of viewing the plates on a proper computer.

OTOH, with Apple having moved the Macs to the same processor architecture that the iPads use and integrating iOS and MacOS, you will soon be able to run ForeFlight on a Mac, if not already!

Peter wrote:

I am not sure that any Jepp software actually stopped working – PC/Windows or tablet/IOS.

They just stop selling the executables.

It will most likely keep working. I used JeppTC on an Android tablet for several years after Jeppesen withdrew the app from the Google store.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Maybe it would be a good idea to e-mail Jeppesen and complain? It certainly can’t hurt!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

OTOH, with Apple having moved the Macs to the same processor architecture that the iPads use and integrating iOS and MacOS, you will soon be able to run ForeFlight on a Mac, if not already!

Well… so far I’ve been lucky enough to avoid Apple and I won’t start for Jeppesen. Rather I will give them the boot.

LSZH, Switzerland

For those who currently use JeppFD and don’t use either GP or FF, what do you plan ?
I’m using Skydemon + JeppFD, and have never used GP ou FF.
At this time, is there a leader to do VFR + IFR, or will I have to keep Skydemon anyway ?

Before anything, I would really give SD a try. Download the AIPs of the countries you are regularly flying in and try it out as your display device for approach plates.

I don‘t really need much more.

The (IFR) flight planning part is of course done by autorouter.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 25 Sep 06:27
Mainz (EDFZ), Germany

I use SD for VFR, never tried IFR.

The problem is that I m in love with jeppesen charts (as you can read elsewhere in the forum )

I’m installing an IFD540 and I’ll use the IFD100 app. It displays Jeppesen charts.

EBST, Belgium

airways wrote:

I’m installing an IFD540 and I’ll use the IFD100 app. It displays Jeppesen charts.

But only when connected to the IFD panel unit. The IFD100 won’t display charts at home or in the FBO, for example.

LSZK, Switzerland

Good point. But to be honest I’m OK with an AIP plate on the big computer screen at home. It’s in the cockpit that I like the uniformity. Besides, can’t the IFD simulator app display current charts ?

EBST, Belgium

I m looking at the different software solutions to replace JeppFD, the two contenders being GP or Foreflight.

If I understand right:
- GP needs the « jeppesen add on » on top of the basic plan, for a total of 150€/year
- Foreflight offer jeppesen integration with basic plan, but you lose Georeferenced charts !!! Which JeppFD has offered for ages. So you have to climb to Pro plan for 200€ / year. What a mess.

Do you think JeppFD will still work on ipad after it has been phased out ?

Sign in to add your message