Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck will be phased out

Yes, I looked it up in the meantime. I’ll start converting to AIP charts then…

EBST, Belgium

The solution is a “friend with Jepps”

But it probably means flying with printouts, which is unfashionable Well, until your tablet shuts down, due to, ahem, the sun shining on it…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What about the historic subscription with 4 keys for iPad/pc and 1 MFD ?
Will it possible to use it in FF or GP ?

PetitCessnaVoyageur wrote:

What about the historic subscription with 4 keys for iPad/pc and 1 MFD ?

Will it possible to use it in FF or GP ?

I don’t see why not. At least, it works right now.

ELLX

Does that mean the old jeppview software won’t work either? In that case I am gone too.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I am not sure that any Jepp software actually stopped working – PC/Windows or tablet/IOS.

They just stop selling the executables. They stopped selling Flitestar/Flitemap maybe 10 years ago, but updates are still provided (perhaps because they still support the Jetplanner (?) high-end flight ops program). They stopped selling JeppTC 2-3 years ago.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Does that mean the old jeppview software won’t work either? In that case I am gone too.

Jeppesen hasn’t said anything about that. I’m sure that corporate customers with an ops department demand some way of viewing the plates on a proper computer.

OTOH, with Apple having moved the Macs to the same processor architecture that the iPads use and integrating iOS and MacOS, you will soon be able to run ForeFlight on a Mac, if not already!

Peter wrote:

I am not sure that any Jepp software actually stopped working – PC/Windows or tablet/IOS.

They just stop selling the executables.

It will most likely keep working. I used JeppTC on an Android tablet for several years after Jeppesen withdrew the app from the Google store.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Maybe it would be a good idea to e-mail Jeppesen and complain? It certainly can’t hurt!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

OTOH, with Apple having moved the Macs to the same processor architecture that the iPads use and integrating iOS and MacOS, you will soon be able to run ForeFlight on a Mac, if not already!

Well… so far I’ve been lucky enough to avoid Apple and I won’t start for Jeppesen. Rather I will give them the boot.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

For those who currently use JeppFD and don’t use either GP or FF, what do you plan ?
I’m using Skydemon + JeppFD, and have never used GP ou FF.
At this time, is there a leader to do VFR + IFR, or will I have to keep Skydemon anyway ?

Sign in to add your message