Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck will be phased out

Sure; windows is just an OS. I just doubt that Jepp would re-do their “Flitedeck” windows program to work properly with a touch screen. It does need a substantial redesign.

I must be missing something but I thought the answer was obvious: the merger with Foreflight etc will drive the whole retail business model to using FF as the platform for displaying terminal charts, as a GPS moving map, while (being IOS-only) delivering a reasonably bootleg-proof solution.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I just doubt that Jepp would re-do their “Flitedeck” windows program to work properly with a touch screen. It does need a substantial redesign.

I have run Flitedeck and even Flitemap on an iPad-sized Windows tablet with interface settings as described above. Some redesign would certainly help, but it would have very little to do with touchscreen as such.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 05 Nov 22:06
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

@PetitCessnaVoyageur and @lionel wrote:

What about the historic subscription with 4 keys for iPad/pc and 1 MFD ? Will it possible to use it in FF or GP ? …. I don’t see why not. At least, it works right now.

Dear @PetitCessnaVoyageur and @lionel,
Did you try accessing Jeppesen plates on FF on 4 devices using the 4 JeppFD keys ?

LFLY, France

Airborne_Again wrote:

I don’t know if Apple has a system in place to automatically remove applications

They do, but I’m not sure they would use it on “request” of Jeppesen. They would, and did, use it when the installed app was a copyright infringement.

ELLX

Nestor wrote:

Did you try accessing Jeppesen plates on FF on 4 devices using the 4 JeppFD keys?

When I activate access to Jeppesen plates on ForeFlight on one device, it decrements the available seats count.

ELLX

By the way, the timelines are shifting…. now end of 2022 „planned“ for all regions…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Ahhh there is no hurry then !!

Talking about unclear communications !

We continue until further notice/ We’ll end it in 2022 🤷🏻‍♂️

EBST, Belgium

Jeppesen Europe confirmed me that the cancellation of JeppFD is off the table. I asked them when my chart renewal came up.

EBST, Belgium

That is good news, I just renewed.

EHTE, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message