Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Verchocq AirPark and trip Toussus-LeTouquet

I flew this weekend to LFAT, I have not been to the town for a longue time (except airside fuel stops during the pandemic with my own sandwich), so I decided to go with the family, flying mostly VFR between the patches, it was not too challenging but miserable timing to go to the beach

We flew to LeTouquet to buy the BelleLilloise packs, then we spent the night in one of the AirVillas in the AeroDelahaye just 10min from L2K enjoying Jean-Louis hospitality, the next day we flew back via Abbeville LFOI for the mandatory lunch stop then back to Toussus when thunderstorms have passed away

http://www.aero-delahaye.com/

Last Edited by Ibra at 27 Jun 20:13
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Nice pictures!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Verchocq (LF6252) is a nice place to take cherokee & family for few days (when they get bored of Venice Lido )

Verchocq is on my to-do list. Would you land there with the Mooney ?

EBST, Belgium

Runway state looked very good and very propeller friendly, even after a week of heavy showers: it’s grass reinforced in the middle and well drained (slope get everything flushed downhill), main issue is 3% upslope with narrow 10m plastic leads to shallow approach, so mandatory landing on 24 and takeoff on 06, however, the 630m*25m/10m is more than enough for light M20K with the right wind conditions, 5kts westerlies

A friend already visited in Mooney in a proper sunny day, I hesitated to go there in M20J, mostly due to the hassle of GBR/FRA customs in LeTouquet adding 3rd stop on the way to Paris and being fully loaded (fuel in LFAT is expensive ) but I would go there in light Mooney with no hesitation on calm wind days

After landing, the idea is to drive your aircraft to the AirVilla just taxi slowly on the transition between the taxiway and the AirPark road

Last Edited by Ibra at 28 Jun 10:19

Thanks !

EBST, Belgium

(fuel in LFAT is expensive)

Why do you not have a TOTAL card, as a frequent France flyer?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Just my advice to anyone planning to fuel in LeTouquet after the visit I got both BP & Total Cards, yes it’s a must for anyone flying deep in France, though Avags is usually cheap in London (plus one can claim fuel duty drawback on full tanks), still need a Total Card for JetA…

Last Edited by Ibra at 28 Jun 12:10

Great pics, and we all miss the place

I never refuelled at LFAT (except for real reasons, coming back home from somewhere far), and at the UK end there is the duty drawback which is quite substantial.

In recent months I could not refuel there (for my nonstop flights to the Alps and back) because the fuel man was there only if you phoned him the day before, presumably in French.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
29 Posts
Sign in to add your message