Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your 2020 flying year, how many hours, and aspirations for 2021?

tmo wrote:

Wings do NOT require a FAA FI to do the flights; you can have flights done with any FI credited, if they sign some paperwork saying you did what the FAA FI would have you do

Well that’s good to know. I’d rather get it done locally, given the rather gloomy covid outlook in the UK (and similarly gloomy outlook in the USA) when March rolls around.

Andreas IOM

Weirdest year ever; dodging Covid, eating from closed restaurants and staying in closed hotels, empty resorts, curfew in Barcelona… the list goes on.
Almost no flying March and April, then record month in June followed by layoff in July and re-hire in September…
284 hrs of which almost all were on the job.

Aspirations for 2021 – Keep the job!

Last Edited by Krister_L at 03 Jan 22:02
ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

First year as a part owner with so many aspirations that didn’t really materialize. Most of my trips were to nearby airports ( a real shame for Mooney). The highlights were a trip to Montpelier and to Ceske Budejovice. They perhaps contributed most towards my total 28 hours.

I guess we all are looking forward to normal freedom. I am really looking forward to booking my next trip on Ryanair :D … without worrying too much about quarantine etc…

EDMB, Germany

Just checked and found that I did 36 hours in 2020, which for me is pretty good. I had planned a long trip but that did not happen due to COVID, maybe this year???
My goal for 2021 is to fly more on seaplane (the C185 in Trondheim stayed on wheels in 2020 and since I could not really travel much I did not do any seaplane last year, sniff), and to stay safe :-)

Happy flying everyone!

ENVA, Norway

Arun wrote:

First year as a part owner with so many aspirations that didn’t really materialize. Most of my trips were to nearby airports ( a real shame for Mooney). The highlights were a trip to Montpelier and to Ceske Budejovice. They perhaps contributed most towards my total 28 hours.

I sympathize, being in a similar situation, Arun. Maybe we can fly our planes to some nice place next summer and meet up one afternoon!

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

I think we should have a really great fly-in this year.

May or September.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

s/or/and/g – we have to catch up ;)

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Peter wrote:

May or September.

2022 rather. Or really late this year. In May I guess Europe will be in the middle of the 4th or 5th wave. September may be tentative but I would not bet on it.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I am pleasantly surprised at how much flying a lot of people have done. I reckon the UK average would be < 10hrs.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

U.K. average is less than 10h, but it’s inversely proportional to the amount of talks & strong opinions on “can one fly under new guidelines?”

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message