Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Eurocontrol CTOT / airport slot assignments for light GA and how to get around them

Can anyone guess why we have zero ATC input on these issues?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The trick I got from a friend is to use a .aero e-mail address.
I did not went thru the process so cannot help further.

Keep up posted !

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

One data point for Germany is here.

Administrator

I wonder how much they check into the company?

Set up a domain “EuroGAHandling.com”.
Put up a quick wordpress website to go with it.

Would that pass the mustard?

EIWT Weston, Ireland

I wonder if a « non-profit » airline whose only purpose is to transport one self and family and friend qualifies :)

EGTF, United Kingdom

This is a bunch of cowboys, surely.

Nobody wants people to sign up with junk and disposable domains and here on EuroGA we block signups with a list of about 2000 such domains, but anybody can knock up a custom domain with an email address.

But it sounds like there is a data privacy/distribution issue here.

Administrator

Airborne_Again wrote:

I’ve tried it too. It is pretty clear that you can register as an individual but they say you should a professional and register with your “professional” e-mail address, whatever that means. We’ll see what happens.

This is the full reply I got:

WE ARE SORRY

You need to use a professional aviation email address to signup to CTOT. The domain xxxx.se does not seem to belong to a company involved in flight plan management or use. Please restart the signup process with another email address.

If we made a mistake, please answer to this email with extra details about your business in aviation and we will re-evaluate your address. Please take a look at the FAQ at the end of the email before contacting us.

However, please keep in mind that we cannot accept public emails such as @gmail.com or @live.com and the best way is to use your work email.

If your work email is based on a public email service, we are unfortunately not able to accept your application.

The CTOT app

FAQ

I am a pilot and I fly my personal aircraft, what should I do?

While we understand your situation, we are unable to approve accounts that are not associated with an airline. This requirement is mandated by Eurocontrol, and we are obligated to adhere to this rule.

I work in aviation, but my airline does not provide me with an email. What should I do?

Although we would prefer to accommodate your request differently, we cannot approve accounts that are not linked to an airline or handling agent.

My company is not an airline, but we have an aircraft to transport our employees. Will you accept my application?

In such cases, please reply to this email and attach a copy of your aircraft registration certificate and license.

I am working for Ryanair, how to register?

If you are working for Ryanair, please log in using your Ryanair email address, and you will be guided through an alternative registration process.

I am an aviation hobbyist/photographer, may I register?

Unfortunately, due to strict rules imposed by Eurocontrol, we can only approve accounts that are connected to professional use of the application and limited to individuals involved in flight plans use or management.

I am a future pilot on training, can I register?

We are looking forward to accept your registration when you will begin working on line.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Snoopy wrote:

I always look at the briefing generated in FF (if needed FF could probably provide proof of server requests?)

I was only partially involved in this case. But after a very expensive incident the insurance asked about the flight preparation paperwork and that pilot asked FF and apparently received nothing in a similar situation. I can understand them, this is high risk legal territory at this point. I can only recommend to generate a full briefing pdf for each and every flight. It is not much work and brings peace of mind for insurance, ramp checks, investigations after incidents etc. I agree the pdf contains a lot of nonsense but I had a detailed ramp check once, this pdf ticked all the boxes and made the checker happy.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

The AR (I was an “admin” for a bit; my job was weeding out dodgy signups) implemented that briefing pack because it was getting loads of complaints from German pilots who wanted a briefing pack which satisfies German ramp check inspectors and who were afraid of getting that famous €50,000 fine

Almost all of the briefing pack is of no use otherwise.

Administrator

Then request that pdf. I did just witness a case where no pdf was made and the pilot got asked for flight preparation paperwork and lots of trouble resulted.

Interesting. Can you elaborate.

I always look at the briefing generated in FF (if needed FF could probably provide proof of server requests?) and on top use Autorouter Bot (so the chat would be full of METARS/NOTAMS). It seems quite outdated to save a pdf.

always learning
LO__, Austria
244 Posts
Sign in to add your message