Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

jfw wrote:

seems to me I can not file anything that makes sense to do a RNP RWY29

Why this does not work for you? once airborne ask for direct ERLED?

EBCI N0155 F070 CIV4Y CIV M617 CMB LFAV

Just guessing, sometimes with country borders or split sectors you can’t DCT to AD/IAF easily, I recall this was the case in Kortrijk with RNP/IAF for both runway ends being in Belgian airspace, I even I asked Lille if I can proceed visually they wanted me to talk to Belgian ATC, who asked to overfly runway before turning back to it…

The other thing many AD/RNP points like ERLED are new points in database that are linked to standalone aerodrome procedure and they are not associated with en-route airways or waypoints structure: 1/ they are not connected to any VOR or PBN routes, 2/ only tactical DCT by ATC gets you there (and 3/ between us, it’s uncontrolled airspace at 3kft under Lille TMA, you can go direct to ERLED at 3kft OCAS on leaving airspace just notify FIS/AFIS of your intention, fly RNP29 approach without IFR clearance, land without asking anyone, it’s only the missed approach require an IFR clearance to enter Echo TMA at 1500ft on the climb)

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 Oct 14:46
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Thanks for your insights !

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

There has been a reorganisation of UK airways and I have noticed the ever reliable Autorouter.aero appears to be struggling, not sure if other users have had a similar experience? Either it produces non valid routes or freezes (at around 17%) while analysing restrictions. These are for intra UK routes.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The Autorouter should not freeze though.

And the UK is not hard; there are lots of standard routes. Often not at low levels though.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

There has been a reorganisation of UK airways and I have noticed the ever reliable Autorouter.aero appears to be struggling, not sure if other users have had a similar experience? Either it produces non valid routes or freezes (at around 17%) while analysing restrictions. These are for intra UK routes.

Yes, I too have the same experience. This latest airspace change appears to have caused carnage, not just with Autorouter but also Rocket Route.

I can’t get routes from Gloucester to complete successfully unless they are going abroad and remain VFR until the FIR boundary – that worked for Rotterdam and La Rochelle.

Examples I have tried unsuccessfully include Gloucester to Cardiff (what used to be the standard test route), Gloucester to Inverness and Gloucester to Dublin all based on a TB20 at max FL100. These routes have not been a problem before and Autorouter has been a real boon to me – so easy to use and highly capable.

I do hope it can be fixed – sounds like quite a major change.

I wonder if this has also caused issues for commercial and executive jet flights.

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

I wonder if this has also caused issues for commercial and executive jet flights.

Probably not due to different altitudes flown.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Rumour has it that many waypoints have either been changed, deleted or created. (I don’t know just relaying)
If the ‘engine’ for the routing hasn’t been exactly recreated to reflect this then we will see issues.
I’ve tried a few routes in Autorouter and they did fail.
Maybe they need a bit mote time (or a lot) to get all that information coded again?

Last Edited by GA_Pete at 29 Mar 19:30
United Kingdom

I’ve tried a few routes in Autorouter and they did fail.

I also tried some old routes and they indeed failed validation but newly found routes are very similar. I would be surprised that the engine needs to be programmed if someone changes some waypoints.

Last Edited by Emir at 29 Mar 20:15
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I have had problems routing lately.
Just now when accessing Autorouter it asked me to reload for a new version.
The previously failed/stuck route completed very fast.

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark
Sign in to add your message